DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hola XD

Tanis41493

Hi everyone, my Name is Tanis Annicchiarico, known (not very well btw) on the bethsoft forums as Tanis41493 and on the tesnexus forums as Breton_Tanis. I have literally NO experience modding, so I figure I will probably be a regular in all of the beginner classes :bagged:. I am 15 years old, I love TES and I hope to learn enough about modding so that one day people will be like "Oh, do you know Tanis41493" and they'll be like "Ya, he made all those wonderful*  mods!" :pints: lol  aa_biggrin.gif

Thank you for any help you can all give me,

Tanis Annicchiarico

*Action taken by Moderator: editing of post...read the Forum Rules, please.

hello  :pints:  

Seeing as it the time of day when most of the members are sleeping, ill give you a welcome.

There are a few of us teenagers here (me included, 16 in a few days  :bagged: ) and the group here is really nice and helpful.

PS: If you want people to known you it'll take a long time, ive been modding for two years and im still a bit of a nobody in the modding scene. So dont get your hopes up.

I'm not going to say how old I am. Let's just say that I'm older than both of you together.  :bagged:

Me as well Magician.  Put together and it still doesn't equal mine.  :pints:  LOL

Welcome to the Alliance Tanis!  Very nice to have you here!  :rofl:  I'm sure you'll learn loads from our resident scholars!   I learn something new every day!  :doh:

Welcome, and best-of-luck to you, Tanis!  If you figure out the key to becoming well-known, let me know ;-)  (i.e. "You know that Running4Cover?" "umm, no, who's he?" "He made all those mods whose names start with 'Running4Cover"" "Such as..?"  "Never mind...")

Anyway, you're at the right place if you want to learn to mod, and I hope you enjoy your time here ;-)

CC

Welcome, and best-of-luck to you, Tanis!  If you figure out the key to becoming well-known, let me know ;-)  (i.e. "You know that Running4Cover?" "umm, no, who's he?" "He made all those mods whose names start with 'Running4Cover"" "Such as..?"  "Never mind...")Anyway, you're at the right place if you want to learn to mod, and I hope you enjoy your time here ;-)CC

LOL! :bagged: thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. I just got home from school, so I am gonna start perusing the forums to see if there is anything I can dig up. Does anyone have any idea as to where I should start looking? Meaning not what part of the forum, but what part of the modding process. Plus, beside the CS, are there any other tools you think I may need?

LOL! :bagged: thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. I just got home from school, so I am gonna start perusing the forums to see if there is anything I can dig up. Does anyone have any idea as to where I should start looking? Meaning not what part of the forum, but what part of the modding process. Plus, beside the CS, are there any other tools you think I may need?

Well, if you plan to do more than worldbuilding (like making new textures or models, or editing existing ones), you will most certainly need NifSkope.  If you want to work with textures, you should use The Gimp (unless you have Photoshop).  For modeling, I don't have any personal experience, but the general recomendation is Blender (unless you have 3DsMax).  Thats pretty much the basic tools of the trade (other than the occasional plugin or converter).  Hope that's helpful :-P

CC

EDIT:
Concerning where-to-start, if you don;t already have a working knowledge of the CS, you'll probably want to check out one of the classes in Enclave.  If you already know the CS well, you may want to give thought to which path of modding you wish to pursue

Welcome to the Alliance! I just got back from work! LOL! I am a bit younger than Grond, but not much. Not sure about Red!  aa_biggrin.gif I was not going to ask!  :bagged:

I have been modding since Morrowind came out (2002?) and have only become moderatly popular for my Clocks of Cyrodiil. It takes a lot of work to really become popular. Its 'not' something that I enjoy, its more work than you would believe.

Learn how to use the CS by making a player home. Then start editing existing weapons and making your own enchantments for them. Then you can get into scripting if you want special stuff to do with them.

We have a great class on the use of the CS, and on scripting.

Hope you like your stay, if you have any question, just ask!