DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Warning - Firefox 3.x

Vince

I have been using Mozilla Firefox 2.x (actually 2.0.0.4 right now) with no problems.  I decided to update to 3.x (3.04 I think).  It hardly worked at all with this site!  It seemed to work fine on half a dozen other sites I tried.  Since this site is important to me, I've spent this evening reverting to 2.x.  Now everything is working fine again.  I'm not sure of the source of the problem.  It could be associated with my local internet provider or something unique to my system.  Just be aware that you might have a problem.  If you have a Firefox 2.x setup, don't throw it away yet.

BTW, I spent an hour or so saving key bookmarks and noting my user names on various sites (I also exported the bookmarks as an .html file).  Surprisingly, after I uninstalled 3.x, then installed 2.x, it remembered all my bookmarks and login information!

Again, this may be unique to me, but I thought a warning would be a good idea just in case since this is such a great site.

BTW2, the official sign-up form for the modeling class will be posted as soon as DarkRider drops by.

Noted, Vince! You are not the first FF user to report an issue with TESA and FF3.04! Hopefully it's something that will be resolved eventually, for now it's good to know FF users can revert if they choose to!  aa_biggrin.gif

[EDIT] Allies using FF 3.04 and encountering issues, please post here if you receive a warning while trying to load TESA in FF 3.04. The error you receive may be the key to helping us make TESA more user friendly to FF fans!  :pints:

Also, this seems to be a somewhat commen issue for FF users. Please explore this information to troubleshoot your website connectivity issues: http://support.mozil...ading+web+sites

I'm awfully glad, that someone brought this up, because I was afraid, it was just my system.

I use FF 3.04, I believe it is the latest update.  It's not easy to describe the problem, but I will try.

Using the default skin, scrolling up and down.  It is as if you are receiving the website over the Web in slices.

You see horizontal white stripes during the scrolling, but if you stop.  It catches up.  It stops flickering.

At least that is what happens to me.

Not knowing what the problem was.  I tried switching skins.  That seemed to eliminate most of the problems.

The only thing is, many links have been color-coded for the default skin, and don't show up well under Chroma(?).

From my experience, I know this is a relatively common occurrence, and simply requires a few color changes to the skin.

I don't know for sure, but I would bet that the reason the older Firefox files return is because they were not deleted in the first place.

New installations will often not overwrite the files of older installations in case there is a problem with the new installation.

Sometimes they use the same directories, but different file names or extensions.  Sometimes they use different directories.

If this make sense to anyone else please speak up.

This is the only site where I have experienced this problem.

That is not to say that there are not other sites with problems .

Just that this is the only one, I have been to where it is occurring.

I hope this helps, remember this is just my experience, with my system.

Storm Raven

Well, for the record, Chrome has no issues.

New friend,

I was referring to the fact that some of the links in chrome, are the same color as the surrounding text.
This makes it difficult to pick out some of the links without hovering the mouse until you see it change.
This has nothing to do with Firefox, and I apologize if I was misunderstood.

When you submit a post the message "click here to view your post" appears.  It is all in the same color, but the only place to click is directly on the "here" text.  It is a minor issue, but if you were to change the color of the link "here."  It would be easier to see the link you need to click.

I am not complaining, as I have figured this out, this is just a suggestion to make it easier for others.

Storm Raven

Well, for the record, Chrome has no issues.
New friend,I was referring to the fact that some of the links in chrome, are the same color as the surrounding text.This makes it difficult to pick out some of the links without hovering the mouse until you see it change. This has nothing to do with Firefox, and I apologize if I was misunderstood.When you submit a post the message "click here to view your post" appears.  It is all in the same color, but the only place to click is directly on the "here" text.  It is a minor issue, but if you were to change the color of the link "here."  It would be easier to see the link you need to click.I am not complaining, as I have figured this out, this is just a suggestion to make it easier for others.Storm Raven

I think Echo is reporting the browser Google Chrome has had no issue.  aa_biggrin.gif

As for the chrome theme, we will be adding new themes, the chrome theme is a default and was not customized for TESA because it's going to be removed eventually. But in the meantime, I'm sure some will make use of your tips.  932.gif