DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Modeling Class: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED

DarkRider

REGISTRATION FOR MODELING 101: WINTER SESSION IS NOW CLOSED!

If you missed out on this modeling class check back for announcements for future classes.

Hail Future Members of the Winter Session Modeling Class!

To sign-up for the modeling class, PM Modeling Scholar Vince with the information outlined below.  As explained previously, by signing-up you agree to be an active participant, studying the suggested reading, doing the class exercises, and helping other students when you can.  In return you will have reading and posting rights in the Modeling Class forum and first priority for help from the Scholar or other students if you encounter difficulties.  Also, if you stick with it through all five sessions, you will receive a TES Alliance modeling medal.  Please understand that if you can't make that level of commitment, you are more than welcome to audit the class.  All class material will be available as read-only to anyone interested.  Also, if you sign-up but later decide that you can't continue, you can always opt out.  If you do sign-up, expect to spend around four to eight hours every three weeks or so.  [You can always spend more.  ]

In your PM, please include the following information:

What is your current 3D modeling experience? (just a sentence or two)

What is your experience with Blender? (a sentence or two)

What do you expect to get out of the class (three sentences or less)

Your 3D modeling software is (Blender 2.48, required)

Your 2D modeling software is? (PhotoShop, the GIMP, Paint.NET, other)

Your version of NifScope is? (1.02 or later)

Your .bsa extraction software is? (BSA Commander, BSA Unpacker, other)

Note: you can sign-up any time from now through December 1st.

Good Luck, Modders!  :pints:

is this a class for beginners too (me lol)i dont have any prior knowledge to modding ( so no blender etc)but if those programs r free i can dwnload them.ill be happy to learn anything i can tho, so if i can, sign me up

Although you are welcome to join the class (just follow the instructions in this topic's initial post), I would suggest that you don't.  If you are just starting to mod, your best bet is to get to know the CS (Construction Set) first and begin by making mods based on content already in Oblivion.  There are many excellent modders who never go beyond this point but have created some wonderful mods.  Good luck.

is this a class for beginners too (me lol)i dont have any prior knowledge to modding ( so no blender etc)but if those programs r free i can dwnload them.ill be happy to learn anything i can tho, so if i can, sign me up
Although you are welcome to join the class (just follow the instructions in this topic's initial post), I would suggest that you don't.  If you are just starting to mod, your best bet is to get to know the CS (Construction Set) first and begin by making mods based on content already in Oblivion.  There are many excellent modders who never go beyond this point but have created some wonderful mods.  Good luck.

Hmm, ok
Thx for the info

Is there gonna be another course later on?
Cause I'd still like to learn it ;P

Hmm, okThx for the infoIs there gonna be another course later on?Cause I'd still like to learn it ;P
There may be.  I taught a similar class last winter at the ORE forum.  In any case, once the class is over, I will try to take the original class notes and revise them based on student's comments and post them in the Modeling Class forum as tutorials.