DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Horrible Weekend

DaMage

Well it seems that my horrble weekend is finally coming to a close. Just thought id make a thread to try and see if my weekend is as bad i think it is, please, tell stories of the horrrible times you have had.

Okay it started saturday Friday evening, i'd just played fallout for around 10 hours striaght and when i quit in the evening, i sat down infront of the TV and watched the news had dinner and watched a movie. About 3/4 the way through the movie started feeling very ill and so decided id go to bed and rent it out some time and finish watching it.

The next morning (saturday) i got up had breakie and began playing fallout. after about 3 hours i started feeling ill again and so i stopped aand went and went to the TV. There was nothing on so i grabbed a movie from my sister's room and began watching it on my laptop. about half way through it i got really sick, head spinning, stomach churning, head suffering alot of pain etc.

Obliviously i was close to coming down with this type of migraine i am prone to, which can leave me unable to move of open my eyes for <strong class='bbc'>days</strong> due to dizziness and lighht sensitivity. Now migraines are nothing new to me, ive suffered from them all my life (since i was 4) and hence knew what i had to do to aviod it progressing and getting worse, and i had all the prescription meds that i needed to help myself.

So saturday i spent lying in my room, unable to move around much, just lying there thinking. My meds ran out again at night and the sickness came right back again, parents gave me more and i finally was able to sleep or the night.

So Sunday came, feeling better but not trusting myself i had a quick breakfast and retreated to my room as the bright light was making me feel ill again. In my room i watched movies for the entire day only leaving my room to gather water, food and having toilent breaks, finally just tonight, i ventured out and sat in the living room again and watched some TV, so i think i have beaten this again.

Now here the thing, i was all caused by me not drinking enough water on Friday and Saturday. I got dehydrated while playing fallout and thus instead of a weekend of fun, i had a horrible weekend.

So how everyone elses weekend been? anyone have some stories of a bad few days that they have had? might be nice to know that others have had a worse time then me :drool:

Sorry to hear about your weekend Da Mage.

Caution: Read only on a strong stomach...

Well, on Thursday night, around 2am I woke up with terrible stomach pains, nausea and severe headache. My whole body ached and I ran to the bathroom to empy my stomach several times. I was suffering from food poisoning. On top of that, I have the remains of a cold so I am coughing as well. Could not go to work Friday because of the diarhea, could not eat at all, all day Friday because of the nausea. I also slept most of Friday since going upright made me even more nauseous. I could start eating saltine crackers on Saturday and water. I then graduated to Gatorade to replace all the liquids I had lost. I thought I would have to go the the doctor if I did not get better. Finally by Saturday evening I could start eating stuff again, slowly. My whole system was cleaned out so I would say I had a terrible weekend too. I am still weak an still coughing. It keeps me from sleeping very long at night, thats why I am here before 5am in the morning...

This is very close to being one of my worst weekends in my life of 43 years. Its also the first time I have suffered from food poisoning.

---

And you need to keep a glass of water by your desk. Its what I do. If I don't drink two of them a day minimum, then I get sick too. Its also a reminder to drink if after 6 hours of playing if its still full! LOL

This is very close to being one of my worst weekends in my life of 43 years. Its also the first time I have suffered from food poisoning.---And you need to keep a glass of water by your desk. Its what I do. If I don't drink two of them a day minimum, then I get sick too. Its also a reminder to drink if after 6 hours of playing if its still full! LOL

yeah, probelm is if i put a water bottle or cup beside me, i drink it in about the first 15mins. then i dont go and fill it up again.

Yes, it was. My wife decided to cheat a bit and purchased a number of 'already prepared' dishes. One of them was tainted, or probably from China filled with that industrial chemical they put in stuff to make it seem to have more 'nutrition'. I was too sick to check and she had thrown it all away. She was sick too, but not as bad as myself. She did not eat as much for some reason... Smarter than me I supose.

Aww that's horrible Mage!  I suffer from migraines as well and they're horrible, I know.  If it makes you feel any better about being silly and not drinking enough water, I passed out cold at work last night because I was stupid and working to hard and didn't eat enough.   :blush:   I'm hypoglycemic and I bloody know better.  

Glad you're feeling better today!  :pints:  Now, put a stack of water bottles next to your computer!   aa_tongue.gif

You may not want to hear this, but maybe your proximity to a screen and lack of exercise could be the issue. I noticed that you spent many many hours playing fallout and watching movies. Perhaps you need to go outside take some deep breaths and go for a walk in the sun. I find this helps me a lot.

You may not want to hear this, but maybe your proximity to a screen and lack of exercise could be the issue. I noticed that you spent many many hours playing fallout and watching movies. Perhaps you need to go outside take some deep breaths and go for a walk in the sun. I find this helps me a lot.

i eould do that, but i also have very bad hayfever, which once triggered, does the same thing as what happened to me when i ot dehydrated here.

it being spring and all here at the moment, i try not to go out too much. Hell sitting here right now my eyes are watering and im stuffed up. outside of spring i do tend to get out a lot more, esspecially by playing football (soccer) and golf.

didnt find out something though when i went to the dentist yesterday, i have two wisdom teeth coming through a few years early, and the are growing bad, yet another thing that could have caused what happened :pints: so i have to have an opp to have them all taken out early next year.

But yeah i do agree, i need to get out more. But the time period is quite small before the sun get too hot (35C/95F degree days) so i have to get out ealry to go for a walk. Which i did do today anyway, just a short 6km to town and back.