DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Favourite House DLC?

Relic

It's a tough choice, but I'm gonna have to say Dragonfire Castle... I mean Battlehorn Castle!

Mainly because I made a thread looking for it on the forums, then HeyYou locked it for the magazine scan link :no:, ah my silly time of youth.

Then mysteriously without any announcement and no talk of it for months Bethesda release it! I just like to think they say my post and said, "YEAH! We're gonna do this!!!"

Anyway, what's yours and why?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunbarrow for me! I like the company and the resources. Even though I don't play a thief type there are times a fence is handy for anyone. Plus the Captain's Cabin is cozy.  aa_biggrin.gif

You're like me then! I like a house with other living people in it! Feels... as you said for the cabin, "Cozy".

• 5 months later...

I am a Battlehorn user myself, come to think of it, I dont think I even have the others installed LOL.I really enjoy the location and the views from the walls/towers myself.

I loved the exterior of Battlehorn, climbing the walls is great! But I found the interior had too much wasted space, would have like to see a fuller more lively castle interior myself.  :woot:

I am a Battlehorn user myself, come to think of it, I dont think I even have the others installed LOL.I really enjoy the location and the views from the walls/towers myself.

Might I recommend the Unofficial Official Mods Patch which fixes a lot of crap ups to do with doors leading the wrong direction, among other things, that is if you don't already have it. As for the fact I'd link TESNexus link, but they're down right now. Also, this thread got posted in again. I am amazed!

@DarkRider: There is indeed a lot of wasted space, I use.. whats it called.. ah there it is, Battlehorn Castle Enhanced, great mod, turns the trophy room (worst waste of space and damned ugly trophies too), into a throne room, along with adding in a treasury and many "bases" for manniquins (if you use them like me).  the down side is the author created it in the same cell/area as the main castle room, so it has some nasty hits to your FPS sometimes.  To my knowledge he has not updated as he had mentioned he would.  I fill mine, as I heard WhoGuru has informed you previously, with manniquins and any tables get filled with either Statues of the Nine or Daedric statues.  I have a bit of a collection issue... I collect anything not nailed down

Oh yes, the mod also adds in a library which is rather nice, with a second private study w/bed and 3 visitor rooms, along with a bar.

I suppose what it really is missing is a bit more life, other then the guards, but what in Oblivion isnt missing life really?  Hence the creation of such mods like Crowded Cities.  I suspect if a modder wanted, they could use (with permission from the original author) the BCE as a base and add more life to the castle.  Still its a lovely place for me to fill with things and show of all the lovely armors I pick up!

Wow longer then I thought it would be LOL

@RelicKylias:  I have the patch, a few weeks ago I put out my own cash and got the only thing that was affordable for highspeed where I live, a USB Cell device from Rogers, and updated my game with alll relevent UOPs at the rather forceful direction of WhoGuru LOL  Its ok though, cause I love the Guru! :woot:

Im litterally new here, and was looking around during a power out (on my laptop w/above mentioned USB net) because I could not play Oblivion lol

I voted for Battlehorn Castle, but a very close second is Dunbarrow Cove. Battlehorn's design is the most generally appealing to me, and very easy to smarten up in game with furniture mods. It also isn't dreadfully overlit, imo. I am extremely fussy about that sort of thing. :)

Dunbarrow Cove is just so handy, with the service providers, and the occasional fights that break out between your friends is just an entertaining bonus.

:woot:

Battlehorn for me.

I tend to go for extremes in my houses. For somewhere to get some sleep and store things I might need/keep I use the IC shack. Later in the game when I want to display my vast armour collections etc I need the space of Battlehorn.

Actually, rather than Battlehorn I usually use a mod added house, Genvar Castle, Hoarfrost Castle and Verona House have all been used. They are all great mods but none is quite perfect. Glenvar Castle comes close but I think it's underlit. I once tried brightening it up with a mod that allows you to place lamps and candles, but it murdered my framerate.

Mr Silka's latest Castle mod WIP (Seaview?) looks absolutely incredible but sadly I suspect my graphics card will not be up to it.

My solution was transplant all homes from wherever you found them to the Keep and just take over Chorrol as the first Megatropolis! lol

I think Battlehorn could have used a bit more too it, maybe 4 or 5 houses outside for NPC villagers.

EDIT: Its not really a fortress but Catle Dunkenlore is pretty impressive... and there is another mod that adds a castle, on the slops West of Bruma, I cant think of the name but it adds an entire town along with a rather lovely castle.  stopped using it when I was trying to figure out some CTDs along with several other mods.

Battlehorn for me as well, along with Battlehorn Enhanced. I am also a collector.... and have mannequins on every pedestal, showing off some of the armor I have collected in my travels. It is a hard choice sometimes, in the early game, whether I need the money, or the display items more......

Tried Frostcrag, and the "reborn" (or was it "revistied"?), but, the additions were just too overpowering for my tastes, and seemed rather unbalancing. So, while it exists in my game, I haven't really done much with it.

I have the others as well, but, haven't done much with them, beyond finishing out the quests, to get them out of my log. Probably won't include most of them in my next game.....

There are some truly awesome castles avaialable though, Glenvar being one, and I know my son has download several others, some of which are truly huge. I have not investigated those yet though.....

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought of something that the comments on fortress-towns made me recall, there is another mod, I DLed it some time ago (litterally a year or 2), cant recall its name, but it adds a castle and village w/quest just to the west of Bruma.

• 4 weeks later...
I definately like Frostcrag Spire the most, Although I felt they could have done more with it.</div></div>That sums it up for me. I wish it could've been a bit more... "more". That said, the indoor garden is nice and the teleporters are handy, and I quite like the way that you need to purchase Aurelinwae's insanely expensive candles before the obviously far too pampered altars will work.

You might be interested in Indefiance's Frostcrag Reborn mod. It greatly improves Frostcrag Spires with tons of new features and items. aa_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I was able to obtain a copy of battlehorn. So I will let you all know how it is.

Battlehorn is my preferred home. Especially with Battlehorn Enhanced. Very comfortable home. and with the addition of reznods mannequins, I really enjoy decorating the place.

I got Fighters Stronghold (battlehorn castle) when it was available for free download, even though I did not have a machine that could run oblivion yet.