DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Guild Wars!

Running4Cover

Okay, my PC recently died, or at least my hard drive, and I lost everything on my (only) computer.  Anyway, that was a week ago, and I'm just now reinstalling Oblivion (woot!).  I'm finally going to install in a non-default directory, install all mods as OMODS, and other stuff.  That said, is there anything else special I should do when installing?  The only time I installed Oblivion before was when I first got it, with no intentions of modding, so I wasn;t sure if there was anything worthwhile or recomended to do before installing (I assume I would have heard if there was, but on the offshot, I'm posting this while I hunt down links for OBMM, Wrye Bash, all things FCOM, and other such things.  This is potentially a stupid topic, but as I didnt know anything about Vista security and stuff last time I installed, I figure its probably worthwhile to check now (as I know for a fact that I don't know everything :-P).  Anyhoo, yeah, thanks guys ;-)

CC

Moderator action: Renaming this thread - if you run into probs with your Oblivion/Vista installation, R4C, please start a new thread, or post in the HELP Thread in the Tavern.

Okay, nevermind, I'm an impatient idiot, and commenced to install Oblivion, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Wrye Bash, Wrye Python, The Gimp (with DDS and NM plugins), mifSkope, OBMM, and OBSE before this had a reply (however, all things specifically Oblivion are installed to my User profile in a sub-directory).  Having said that, this all worked beautifully, and I'm going to have a hard time not downloading 20 Million mods in the next 10 minutes (must... resist... :curse: ).  I am now going to go play Guild Wars, because I need to actually play something now, and I'm not up for Vanilla Oblivion (and I DO own other RPG's :-P), but soon I shall return with a rocking retexture or something :-P  Later ;-)

CC

guild wars eh?

Yeah, a recent thing of mine (something between a passtime and an obsession, which would I guess be a hobby, except that sounds stupid in reference to a computer game :-P [and Oblivion definately trumps as my obsession :-D])... anyway, I like MMO's, but could never bring myself to pay monthly fees, and most of the freeware ones are crap, so this is perfect-ish for me :-)

...I should probably stop going on about a non-TES game on a TES site, although I do have to ask if anyone else here plays :-D

later, all ;-)
CC

I play Guild Wars.

:simba:

I gots a level 20 ranger/monk in GW, named 'Berk Avci'

I've been playing GW since christmas of 2005, so I really only come on to get patches or assist someone who I know. >_<

Completed Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and EOTN at least once. (Prophecies, Factions and NF twice, EOTN only once though. Prophecies is going on its third time being completed.)

I play Guild Wars.:DI gots a level 20 ranger/monk in GW, named 'Berk Avci'I've been playing GW since christmas of 2005, so I really only come on to get patches or assist someone who I know. >_

Sweet!  I only picked it up 'bout a month ago (Prophecies and EotN).  I got a lvl 20 Ranger-Mesmer, but he's pure ranger with the exception of a Norn and Ebon skill.  I almost done EotN, and I'm half done Proph (character's name is William Thorig).
    By the way, I'm not breaking a forum rule by talkin about a non-TES game, am I?  There HAS been discussion of manga/anime stuff in the "shout box" :-P (AND I had a Nord named Thorig in Morrowind, so this all pertains to TES, eh?)

I'll be dodging TES security devices now :-P  (Droideka's!  err... Charr!  ...err, I mean Dremora!!! [phew!]),
CC

Ill vouch for you =P

Ive had the game for almost 3 years (2 more months!) I have all campaigns, a level 20 Warrior/monk and a 20 Assassin(dont use 2nd prof), finished prophacies and factions, almost done with nightfall, and bout half done with EotN. =P

Ironic Vengance is the name >.<

2moons and the other acclaim games are very good and free, i played 2moons ALOT last year before i got oblivion... (lvl 95 bagi and 68 hunter xP)

but then i got bored cause i was cheating and it wasnt fun anymore  :smug:

was thinkin about reinstalling it tho

2Moons was ok. It got a little old and redundant. When i first play a mmo, i play with the thought that if you cant have fun on your own, as well as grouped, then its not a great game.

Ive played way too many MMOs... at one point i had over 30 on my computer.