DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Loading large objects from far away

Loony

Hello helpful people at TES Alliance  :woot:

I've just finished modeling a  large structure and put it in game and all is dandy the thing is I want it all to load from afar,  also  the object is  made out of 2  nifs and well  when you are on the  floor  only the lower nif loads (since all the way up there  the other  nif is  actually too far to see)

I know  there's a way to make  large objects load from anywhere (like  the imperial city) and I would like to  learn how to do that  for these models?

Can any of you helpful peeps give me some guidance?

Thanks

Daniel "Lo.Ony" Haddad

I used TES4GECKO to generate now LOD data.... it has that function.... just enable the mods that you want it to play with, and run it.... There is some good documentation out there in the world for it as well. Have a look, I am pretty sure it will do what ya want.

Hey!

Thanks for that. I was a bit confused when I read what was written on the site though. I haven't  had a chance to try it yet but basically  what do  i do? I set the objects in the CS as LOD and then use  that program on my  patch or what? And what's all that about _far.nif? If i want an object to be loadable from a distance I need  to give  it a _far.nif ending?

Thanks  a ton for the help

Hello Hello

I ran the program,  It didn't really  do anything to my mod, it made oblivion nice and pretty though, anyway my mod isn't a .bsa to begin with.

What I meant was, let's say I modeled a large building like the imperial city and I want  that city to load long long before the player enters the same cell which is usually when objects load if I'm not mistaken.

I noticed in the IC buildings they had a _far.nif object for the objects they wanted  to load from  afar, i tried doing that to my models but nothing  really happened...

How can I make a custom made  object load from a large distance.

Should i turn my mod into a bsa and then run the software  you showed me? But what if someone downloads the mod and doesn't download and run the software you showed.

And finally what about terrain?  How do I make it Load  on Distance instead  of having cut of to a gray cell  end.

Thanks a ton for the assistance people

Daniel "Lo.Ony" Haddad

EDIT

It turns out the  software wasn't running correctly because  in my data section (where you select what mods to load not your data directory)  the  oblivion.esp file  was not ticked and hence the software never made  it past a fatal error. Anyhoo I left my  upper post incase  anyone runs into  the same problem

I'd like to ask however  if there is  any other way to do this  that prevents the downloader from  running this program