DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Approaching Downtime for TESA!!!

DarkRider

Hail Allies!

This is an early announcement for scheduled downtime! Coming up in February or early March at the latest (official dates to be announced) the Alliance will be going OFFLINE for approximately 5-7 days. During that time when you navigate to the TESA domain at www.tesalliance.org you will be directed to a disabled message instead of the site. No one panic! It's only a temporary shutdown.

Why the need for downtime? :pints:

As most of you know by now, TESA is still considered "Under Construction" since we have not yet brought all of our features online. The TES Alliance Team is going to be making some exciting and extensive changes to the site. After this downtime, TESA will be officially open with all features activated and ready to be explored, including new forums, a downloads module for user mods, user image galleries and much more!!!

How can you help? :rofl:

We are still in need of some funding to purchase the IPS modules. If you would like to help, please make a donation on the homepage to bring these quality features to the Alliance! The donations module is secure and your personal information will remain private.  :rofl:

We appreciate your understanding and patience during this renovation. This early warning is to hopefully prepare all of you and avoid any misunderstanding for the sudden disappearance of the Alliance. We will be returning after the downtime, stronger than ever.

A second announcement will be made closer to the actual shutdown. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to post them here.

Happy Modding!

---DarkRider and the TES Alliance Team---  :rofl:

• 2 months later...

Did I miss this or what Dark?  :woot:

Nope, we're just still working out the bugs with the new design so haven't launched yet, but we will before long. Like I said elsewhere, the change will be very dramatic, you won't be able to miss it.  :lmao:

Update

Hail Alliance!

There have been some delays in getting the site overhaul completed. These delays are predominantly due to having only two of us working to overhaul the entire site, while also juggling a largescale modding project that is nearing release. On top of that, I spent most of this last week moving to a new house, so that put a stop to things overall on my end. Needless to say, it's been slow going.

Another hold up is we are wavering between two vastly different concepts for the site's final look, one version is a flash site where the whole site is flash based and the IPS modules are non-flash. The other version is predominantly non flash with some flash details like nav buttons etc. I've added a poll to this announcement, please cast your vote for which concept you would rather see when it's all completed to help us decide!!  :lmao:

Rest assured, the overhaul is certainly still on the horizon, Windmill_Tilter and I have spent countless hours working on it. As soon as we have our bit in place the IPS blokes will take care of setting up the new modules.

Thanks for all the support we've received so far, I promise you won't be disappointed!

DarkRider

Can you give more info on the two choices?

My priorities:

Fast page loading with minimal page errors.

Quick Forum speed when many users or online.

Ease of use in posting threads or replies. Even for newbies.

Mostly static screens. I don't like being distracted by a bunch of animations when I am trying to read a post.

Can you give more info on the two choices?My priorities:Fast page loading with minimal page errors.Quick Forum speed when many users or online.Ease of use in posting threads or replies. Even for newbies.Mostly static screens. I don't like being distracted by a bunch of animations when I am trying to read a post.

Both versions load pretty quickly, dialup users may have some slower loads with the full flash version. The forum is isolated from the main site, so whichever version we run with will have no impact on the forum performance. The forum board itself will be identical in most ways to the BGS forums, though as long as our members continue to remain respectful we will continue to offer an image embed feature. So, your forum speeds won't be effected, ease of use should be easier than our current setup, and there won't be any animations on the forum. Good questions!  aa_biggrin.gif

Willie Sea's concerns are/were identical to mine. Although I do not use dial-up, I do worry about maintaining and achieving maximum accessibility for all users. With that in mind, I voted for a less-Flash reliant site. In any case, I trust that whatever the outcome,  this site will benefit from the change, and y'know I'll still be here.  aa_biggrin.gif

It would probably be a lot of work to make two demo site's then to just pick one and go with it.

I voted for either. What ever you pick Rider, I will be fine with, and I think everyone else will as well.

If I were you, my major concern would be ease of upkeep and maintenance. Which would be easier to take care of...  :lmao:

I voted for either. What ever you pick Rider, I will be fine with, and I think everyone else will as well.If I were you, my major concern would be ease of upkeep and maintenance. Which would be easier to take care of...  :lmao:

Thanks William!

We've decided to combine the two ideas to maximize the benefits and the ease of use. Our Flash template, while great to look at is rigid and may cause some lagging load times. So, we've decided to recreate it as a CSS based site with a flash intro movie. you'll be able to bookmark passed the movie if you don't want to watch it everytime!

Thanks everyone for your feedback, it helped us make some decisions! We'll launch her just as fast as we can and I'll update with news as it gets closer.

Also, talking to IPS, the downtime for the site is hopefully only going to be 24 hrs or less!  aa_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

Just a brief update!

After tossing around the concept and looking at it every single POSSIBLE way in several drafts, we have finally made progress on finishing the site update. Shouldn't be much longer now. I suspect the site maybe offline for only a few minutes to an hour, but the forums will likely be down for 24 hrs. Considering the length of downtime I will post an announcement on the homepage before we go offline!  :simba:

Just a brief update! After tossing around the concept and looking at it every single POSSIBLE way in several drafts, we have finally made progress on finishing the site update. Shouldn't be much longer now. I suspect the site maybe offline for only a few minutes to an hour, but the forums will likely be down for 24 hrs. Considering the length of downtime I will post an announcement on the homepage before we go offline!  :poke:

Whoo! Can't wait for the upgrade to be complete! It's gonna be rockin around here!   :simba:

• 2 weeks later...
aa_biggrin.gif I`ve only just joined, so I don`t know what the site was like before, but I`m pretty much impressed with it as I see it now. I`ve always grooved on the ES soundtracks and the fact that I can come here and touch base while listening to the music I`ve come to love is icing on the verey large cake that i found here.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyway hows about a nice big grin...

Sorry...deleted the pic on photobucket and wiped it here too. Rats! :lol:                             

myBigGrin-1.jpg