DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Question about altering a MOD

Colin_man

Hey all, I'm wondering if there's a way to tweak a mod that I've got running on my game to show necklaces and amulets through the chest pieces it adds.  I know there is a way to do this with Wrye Bash, but  (I guess I have to admit this) I run OBMM and am not sure I can run both.  Is that possible?  :woot:

Either way, I'd rather have the ability to pick and chose which chest pieces that show them, rather than making it a default  (however, I will accept defeat and use such as a secondary option, if I can't figure it out).   :bagged:

I'm guessing there's a tweak that I can do to make this possible.. maybe?  :bagged:

also: I'm more than a noob at actually modding things.. as in I JUST added music to my game and consider that a step towards modding from what I know otherwise.  :bagged:

Hey all, I'm wondering if there's a way to tweak a mod that I've got running on my game to show necklaces and amulets through the chest pieces it adds.  I know there is a way to do this with Wrye Bash, but  (I guess I have to admit this) I run OBMM and am not sure I can run both.  Is that possible?  :woot: Either way, I'd rather have the ability to pick and chose which chest pieces that show them, rather than making it a default  (however, I will accept defeat and use such as a secondary option, if I can't figure it out).   :cry: I'm guessing there's a tweak that I can do to make this possible.. maybe?  :bagged: also: I'm more than a noob at actually modding things.. as in I JUST added music to my game and consider that a step towards modding from what I know otherwise.  :bagged:

See here - http://www.elderscro...s_utilities.htm Look for 'TES CONSTRUCTION SET v1.2.404', and download the installer.

That is the key tool to modding.

Edit: Wrye Bash is a Python Language program - OBMM uses something contained in the program itself, they can co-exist together.

My next post will go into fine detail about what you seek. :bagged:

You'll have to find these "chest pieces" and untick the "Hide Amulet" box.

These armour pieces are likely somewhere under, items-> armor (or they're weird!  aa_tongue.gif ).

So, load oblivion.esm and any other requirements for the mod, (should be able to see this in OBMM) and make the {mod name}.esp the active file.

If I'm being too confusing or anything, please let me know.

Good Luck, aa_wink.gif

Relic.

Ok, so I'm still reading an article in the CS wiki on how to do some of this.  I've never used it at all before, so I'm not sure how to load things or make something an active file   aa_punch.gif   but it sounds like if I did that this would be fairly rudimentary.  Color me hopeful!

OK! I got the mod and the master file loaded. and the mod's .esp is active.. now to decipher how to do the rest of it...

Ok, so I'm still reading an article in the CS wiki on how to do some of this.  I've never used it at all before, so I'm not sure how to load things or make something an active file   aa_punch.gif   but it sounds like if I did that this would be fairly rudimentary.  Color me hopeful!OK! I got the mod and the master file loaded. and the mod's .esp is active.. now to decipher how to do the rest of it...

We have an excellent CS Basics forum a few forums up, it will help you too!  aa_biggrin.gif

Update: I found where the items are in the construction set, but I'm unclear on how to alter their Hide Amulet option.   :cry:  :cry:   :cry:

Double click on the object in the object window to open it's base edit box. There you will see a flag (a little checkbox) that says hide amulet. Uncheck it, click ok, then save. That's it. Be warned though that some items use Hide Amulet because the amulet clips the armor, so just unchecking that will make it visible, whether or not the visual is right with the armor remains to be seen.  :help:

Sweet!  I think I can call myself... a guy who did stuff with the CS.... now. I think Modder is a bit farther along the road... a large bit.  Thanks all!  I'll go check out those CS basics soon!  this was kinda fun all by itself, so I'm sure getting into actual modding will be way more so!