DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Favorite Morrowind Moments!

WhoGuru

We all have them, those of us who grabbed the game the second it hit the shelves and then found ourselves incapable of putting it down for real life!

How many sunsets did you see while scaling Red Mountain?

ScreenShot13-1.jpg

How many times did you forget to eat something while hunting for that bloody burial crypt that should be RIGHT there and isn't and why doesn't it show on my map! Argh!

ScreenShot76.jpg

Hands up all those who called off work/school at least once to spend time exploring Sheogorad! *raises hand*

ScreenShot72.jpg

Share your favorite moments from the game here. Beware all those who come to read! There will likely be spoilers! Read at your own risk!

*Hand raised*

1.  Ok, so I had an x-box version of the game but had access to a cheat or two.  I thought it would be a great idea to amplify my JUMP ability by... maybe 10,000?  I slip the ring on, thinking "HAHA! now I'll be able to scale cliffs/jump to the tops of towers!  I'll be like a pole vaulter!"  Standing in the starting village (It's been a while and I don't remember!!) I immediately flew so far above the map that it was entirely invisible.. maybe clouds were present?  I then notice my mini-map is SCREAMING by!  I eventially started coming back down to earth.. at an alarming rate... and brained myself on the foothills surrounding red mountain.  I'd covered a good half of the world-space!  maybe a bit too much extra juice?  maybe cheats are for suckers and those intelligent enough to use them responsibly?  never really apmlified the jump again either way   :crazy:

2.  Finding that talking crab who happened to be a merchant!

3. making an argonian character who didn't care about being nerevarine, but cared a LOT about pearl-diving!

4. trying to make a suit of armor that had enough health-healing enchants to wear the umm.. gauntlet.. that you get towards the end of the main quest... without being nerevarine or dying!  (this also had great appeal for creating a day-walker style vampire!)

most likely more to come!

ROFL You want xbox cheats...I had em.   :bagged:  The black and white buttons on the controller could be used to refill your health, magicka and fatigue if you knew the right sequence in which to press the buttons. Ahem.  :blush:  

...and the starting village is Seyda Neen.  

*The first time I found a levitation spell and had myself a high time soaring over the Ghostfence, before getting whomped on by a bloody cliffracer, during said butt whooping, I forgot I was floating several miles up and ended up falling to my death.  :crazy:  At least the Cliffracer didn't kill me?

*My favorite first: wandering away from Vivec and finding the ruins of Ald Sotha......at Level 2.   aa_wall.gif  Oh holy carp. No save to speak of to go back to. I must have reloaded a dozen times trying to run away fast enough to get out and live.  :rofl:  

*I discovered enchanting an object that restores 4 points of health constantly is near god mode at higher levels!  LOL

I have to say, I never skipped school/work for Morrowind... ever... but I still loved it!  I too used the XBox version, but never used the B&W button cheats :-P (you cheating cheaters from... cheaterville!)  Anyways, I guess here are some of my favorite moments:

1) - Accidentally discovering the glitch that let you infinitely level at a trainer; I took a character from level 43 to level 100 in an afternoon :-D

2) - The first time a went to Vivec (City) and kicked Vivec's (the god)  arse :-D

3) - Making an uber restore HP enchantment on the "Daedric Amulet" you pick up in Tel Fyr, only to discover that when I put it on, I was warped to a daedric plain, to fight some dremora dude, and the Amulet was gone!  (gah!)  ...needless to say I avoided spoilers for the most part :-P

4) - The first time I saw a Silt Strider, and thought it was going to kill me!!!

5) - Somehow stumbling onto a glitch in wich I got Hircine's Ring before I actually fought Hircine )and then killed him as a Werewolf :-D )

oh, and if these count:

6) - Trying to collect every piece of every armor and weapon in the game (you should see my old Hlaalu fortress-thing)

and 7) - ALL of Bloodmoon :-D

...wow, I miss morro... I feel like playing it now :-P  I should get it on the PC sometime, so that I can mod it :-P

CC

Collecting candles and LINING my houses with them until I got the bag of endlessness that appears when a cell is over-loaded.  i loved having candles in my house so much that I now have the "candles for kleptos" mod for Oblivion, too :crazy:

speaking of werewolves and glitches.  So if you get bitten by a vampire.. then put on the ring of hircine, then turn into a vampire... i think that's how it goes... you get all the buffs and you sorta... half turn into a werewolf and half a vampire (visually)  it's odd.  maybe this only happened to me.. as a said, i think it was a glitch.  tons of fun ensued, though

To name a few;

1. Very creeped out when my high elf MALE did the quest for Hlaalu Hortator and met Crassius Curio, he called me sweetie and asked for a kiss?

2. Fighting Dagoth-Ur in Akulakhan chamber he fell off the bridge and I never saw him again. (Went down there to look for him, no results yet)

3. First trip to the city of Vivec my mind was blown, I found the temple of vivec  and was so excited to meet the tribunal god so I unlocked the door then activated it and died  XD . (Before I discovered that things in morrowind have traps on them  aa_wall.gif )

4. CLIFFRACERS... need I say more?

5. The quest for curing corpus disease, I spent nearly 45 minutes floating around outside the giant mushroom looking for a way into Divayth Fyr's study, till finally I realized that the entrance was threw the tower lobby. Duh!

+Somemany more moments. (Infact I could write a book)

Very creeped out when my high elf MALE did the quest for Hlaalu Hortator and met Crassius Curio, he called me sweetie and asked for a kiss?
:poke: That was indeed terrifying!

But did he make you strip!! Cause that's the part that kills me every time!  :rofl:  Does he make the boys strip?

Sitruk, you do not want to know how much time I spent getting in to Tel Fyr Tower.   XD  and worse, I kept getting lost in the bloody tunnels underneath looking for Yagrum and flipping out when my invisibility would wear off and the corprus dudes would start coming after me. ROFL I'd have to run, let my magicka refill and cast again. It was comical. I still wish you could kill those things and not piss off Divayth Fyr.   :D

• 3 months later...

1 - Like most players, the first time I saw Seyda Neen and walked around it. I think I stayed around 5 game days around Seyda Neen simply because I loved that place.

2- When my Khajiit thief got killed by a rat. My first encounter. I love it! (It was also ironic to see big cat running away from a large rat!)

3- The first time I entered a city, whatever city it was.

4- The first time I put custom music in the game. It really changed the mood. The first tunes I put were Aeris' Theme from FF7 and "May it Be" from Lord of the Rings. It was awesome walking peacefully around the grazelands at sunset with these songs.

5- When I stole every single misc item in Balmora and sold them to merchants. I made around 400 gold selling cups, cloths and ustensils.  aa_tongue.gif

6- So many to list.... well here's the only screenshot that I have left from the game.. that was during the time when I was a screenshot freak!

Caldera.jpg

(Too bad I didn't have MGE back then!)

That is a brilliant shot of Caldera!   :wub:  One of my favorite out of the way towns in Morrowind.

Another favorite moment of mine was the first time I got jumped after installing Tribunal.  :pints:  I'd started a new character and was killing time outside Seyda Neen so I could catch Fargoth and get his stash. I was NOT expecting to be jumped by an assassin. LOL Scared the crap out of me and he killed me.

My current character has quite the collection of poison enchanted glass assassin blades.   :cry:

Here are two precious MW mod memories:

- My first downloaded mod - the merchant named ZED.  He stood in the center of Balmora.  

- I had all of the Morrowind Abodes, and I tricked out the Balmora Abode.  I expanded the interior so it stretched to the other side of the hill, and on that side I built a back entrance, with a deck on the swamps, lit with blue lanterns.  Oh the peaceful insect sounds, the MW music, and the cold ale.  Good times. :pints:

And I built an enormous trophy basement, complete with a caretaker and his family.  I remember running everything out of the house so I wouldn't lose my loot when I changed the interior.  It took at least an hour in real time to lay everything out on the street.   aa_biggrin.gif

One that I remember - returning to Azura's Shrine, high up the mountain, after a long night's flight, and being rewarded with Azura's Star. It wasn't the reward that I remember so fondly, it was the peaceful night's sleep I had in her shrine, then emerging from it to see her coast bathed in the honeyed light that Morrowind did so well.

Ah, it gets me misty, it does.  aa_biggrin.gif

Here are two precious MW mod memories:- My first downloaded mod - the merchant named ZED.  He stood in the center of Balmora.  - I had all of the Morrowind Abodes, and I tricked out the Balmora Abode.  I expanded the interior so it stretched to the other side of the hill, and on that side I built a back entrance, with a deck on the swamps, lit with blue lanterns.  Oh the peaceful insect sounds, the MW music, and the cold ale.  Good times. :pints: And I built an enormous trophy basement, complete with a caretaker and his family.  I remember running everything out of the house so I wouldn't lose my loot when I changed the interior.  It took at least an hour in real time to lay everything out on the street.   aa_biggrin.gif

This reminds me of another favourite moment aswell. :cry:

- My first mod with the CS. It was a small shack outside Seyda Neen with a replica of my Khajiit Thief for an NPC. I had lots of fun designing this small shack.

- The first time I "moved" from my house in Balmora (Killed an NPC) to a modded house. (I think it was called "Balmora House in the Hill" or something similar.
It took me around 2 hours to move every single item from my collection and place them in my new home.

Actually, each time I decide to get myself a home for the first time in any of my game, it's always exciting. I take all my stuff (which is mostly stacked in an Inn Room) and then fill up my guar and companions' backpack with them and move there. Then, I decorate....especially my bookshelves. I LOVE placing books with Book Rotate and looking at them with Book Jackets.  aa_tongue.gif

-Finding an killing Vivec when I had no idea who the hell he was, then seeing the message that I needed to restart my game.

-Entering Pelagiad for the very first time. I love that place.

-Seeing the giant mushrooms all over the place.

-Killing a couple of bandits inside a cave near the silt strider over in Seyda Neen.

-Seeing my first Netch field.

-My very first look at a Kwama Queen.

-My first look at an Ogrim. I ran like a little girl.

-My first look at an Ogrim. I ran like a little girl.

Haha!

I remember my very first encounter with an Ogrim. Each time I saw the loading screen, I was thinking : "Oh man, I will be so dead when I'll encounter that beast!"

While wandering around a daedric ruin east of Ahemmusa Camp with the same Khajiit Thief, I saw one on the horizon. I quickly entered sneak mode and hid behind two rocks, watching him.

I phoned my friend, who is also a Morrowind addict, and told him :

"Hey, guess what! I'm peeking at an Ogrim right now! What should I do?"
"Well, kill him!"
"But I'm just a Thief! I'll be killed!"
"Just try!"
"Okay! Give me some time.."

So I feel the adrenaline in my body and I say to myself : GO!
I disable sneak-mode, rush towards the Ogrim and jump above his head while giving a thrust it with my glass dagger. Then, I jump again and do the same tactic.... and I killed it. In two hits!  (I was level 20 with a glass dagger)
I was like :  :pints:  .. the Ogrim.. one of the most powerful and stupid daedra killed in two hits by a Khajiit Thief!?  aa_biggrin.gif

I was proud of myself then..

:rofl:  Wasn't an Ogrim for me, it was a Golden Saint. I stumbled on one when I was exploring the Grazelands around level 9 or so. She made me a sticky stain on the grass.  :lmao:  But I so wanted that Glass Shield she was carrying! A couple re-loads later and I had it! LOL

Lol, when I encountered my first Ogrim I was in a narrow passageway. He ran towards me, filling the entire hall and everything with his huge body and I remember thinking: "Ah, crap!" and then I turned and ran. I didn't go back in, I thought I would die.

I miss Balmora. Best city ever bar none.

I didn't come onto the moding scene till I got Oblivion in December 06 and realized, "Holy crap, theres a whole community for moding!", but I did do a tiny bit of personal moding for Morrowind. And I'm ashamed to say that it took me FOREVER (Till I started with oblivion) to figure out how to drop something to the ground and move things along the Z axis.

Overall I miss Morrowind for its diverse landscapes. I loved the bitter coast region, and just the overall feel of the place. I loved Solsthiem because there were only 2 safe locations, and a whole island to explore, but i liked the size of it, it was perfect for my tastes.

I never really go into the quests and story of the game+expansions because I hated reading all the dialogue. I'm the kind of person that prefers to hear it. I did complete the main Morrowind story, but only by cheating and using the guide, finding Keening and Sundern right off the bat.

I just really wish that some day, with better graphics, I can once again explore the land of Vvardinfel, the city of mournhold, and the snowy island of Solsthiem.

I just really wish that some day, with better graphics, I can once again explore the land of Vvardinfel, the city of mournhold, and the snowy island of Solsthiem.

Have you tried playing with :

Morrowind Graphics Extender?  aa_tongue.gif
5535-1-1193035109.jpg

There are numerous mods available that makes the game look almost as good as Oblivion.   :lmao: