DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Favorite Morrowind Moments!

WhoGuru

I remember another one which was recent.

I have a HUGE mod list and one of those mods is Water Life by Abot.

This mod basicly a LOT of life to the waters with fishes, small crabs, dolphins, sharks, whales, lost treasures, ruins, etc.

It also adds the the possibility to fish with a fishing pole.

So I just starting my new character, a Breton "Conjurer" (custom class) and, using CharGen Revamped, I started in Pelagiad with some gold and cheap clothes.

So, to make a story short, I spent 10 game days fishing in a pond south of Pelagiad, near the bandit cave. I turned off the music and listened to the birds and wind sweeping across the water. Honestly, I could almost smell the odor of sand and salty water. It was IN-CRE-DI-BLE.  :P

Water Life is one of my Must-Have Morrowind mods. Every single character I create always fish a lot at the start of the game. It allows them to earn a bit of honest money or get food to eat (Necessities of Morrowind)

• 1 month later...

i came very late to the morrowind scene, in fact only a few months before oblivion came out and was intruded to it by some friends at high school, god where would i be if I hadnt made friends with them....

Anyway, the first time I played stepping off the boat at Syder Neen just felt like I oculd do anything in this game, until I got killed by a scrib within the hour, I learnt not to attack them. Just that first time feeling Ive had with both elder scrolls games....i wish i could get that back. :blush:

I still play morrowind on and off, as Ive never finished some guilds, not evendone the bloodmoon main quest yet, because of that I will never tire of morrowind.

i came very late to the morrowind scene, in fact only a few months before oblivion came out and was intruded to it by some friends at high school, god where would i be if I hadnt made friends with them....Anyway, the first time I played stepping off the boat at Syder Neen just felt like I oculd do anything in this game, until I got killed by a scrib within the hour, I learnt not to attack them. Just that first time feeling Ive had with both elder scrolls games....i wish i could get that back. :lmao: I still play morrowind on and off, as Ive never finished some guilds, not evendone the bloodmoon main quest yet, because of that I will never tire of morrowind.

I know what ya mean by "first time feeling".
They're lovely, but if we could feel like that at will, they just wouldn't be special.  :blush:

• 5 weeks later...

The first time I played Morrowind I had the worst gaming experience of my life. My friend was on house arrest (he was innocent, I swear!) so I was visiting him everyday after school and he had borrowed a xbox from our mutual friend Chris. Chris had a modulator that allowed him to have a handful of games permantely on his console (I think thats what it was). While scrolling few I found Morrowind. Never even heard of it, other than a reference from a Oblivion preview. I clicked on the game and let it load, chose a new game. They asked me all these questions I didnt have the slightest idea what it meant. How am I supposed to know if I want to be skilled in alteration yet?!? I finished up the character generation and set out. I didnt read the notes I was given or pay much attention to Gravius' orders. I ran out of Seyda Neen and headed west, along the coast. A giant crab attacked me, and this is why it was the worst experience of my life...the stupid thing killed me. I just got my butt kicked by a giant crab, screw this. Lol for some inexplicable reason I rented it later on and...well lets just say Blockbuster had to buy themselves another copy of that game, cuz they werent gettin mine back lol.

I think one of my favorite parts of my game was either when I entered the Cavern of the Incarnate or when I walked in to see Sotha Sil lifeless.

When I met an Ash Slave for the first time aa_tongue.gif

I tried to hit him maybe 10 times and I almost died so I started running away. It was in the mountains near the Ghost Fence so I fought rats and cliff racers. Then when I'd gotten over many mountains and was starting to relax I looked back. And the Ash Slave was gone. Then moments later I almost fell down my chair when I saw him come into view. It was amazing aa_biggrin.gif

When I met an Ash Slave for the first time aa_tongue.gif

I tried to hit him maybe 10 times and I almost died so I started running away. It was in the mountains near the Ghost Fence so I fought rats and cliff racers. Then when I'd gotten over many mountains and was starting to relax I looked back. And the Ash Slave was gone. Then moments later I almost fell down my chair when I saw him come into view. It was amazing aa_biggrin.gif

LOL Nice!! One of my favorite Red Mountain moments, the first time I wandered into the Ghostfence at level 10. I figured I'd stay on the lower paths and avoid any real trouble. Yeah. right. I walked around this huge boulder smack into the face of an Ascended Sleeper who proceeded to pwn me. :pints: That was humbling.

LOL Nice!! One of my favorite Red Mountain moments, the first time I wandered into the Ghostfence at level 10. I figured I'd stay on the lower paths and avoid any real trouble. Yeah. right. I walked around this huge boulder smack into the face of an Ascended Sleeper who proceeded to pwn me. :pints: That was humbling.

That's what I like about Morrowind. You aren't treated like a baby! :razz:

That's what I like about Morrowind. You aren't treated like a baby! :razz:

Morrowind is sadistic compared to Oblivion :(

In Oblivion they want you to be challenged at times but always have a grip of the situation :rofl:

In Morrowind they want to pwn you and throw you down a mountain :rofl:

Morrowind is sadistic compared to Oblivion :)

In Oblivion they want you to be challenged at times but always have a grip of the situation :rofl:

In Morrowind they want to pwn you and throw you down a mountain :(

Yes!! That's it exactly! They want you to know that if you're silly enough to approach the big twisted ruin in the middle of nowhere at Level 2, they reserve the right to hand your can to you for being so silly with a note tattooed on your forehead to come back later when you're more of a challenge. :rofl: Ahhh I do miss that in Oblivion.

Yes!! That's it exactly! They want you to know that if you're silly enough to approach the big twisted ruin in the middle of nowhere at Level 2, they reserve the right to hand your can to you for being so silly with a note tattooed on your forehead to come back later when you're more of a challenge. :rofl: Ahhh I do miss that in Oblivion.

Slightly off topic: I'm yet to pick up fallout 3 and I believe they made it more like Morrowind? No more levelled enemies?

On topic: That's a very 'interesting' way of putting it Red! :D

They are levelled, just not quite as conspicuously as in Oblivion.

I'd just like to have a moment's hate for sentrybots. :D

Edit: I think it's the creature you're likely to get at random spawns where the levelling's applied, however: I don't recall the likes of Raiders getting tougher and better equipped as the game progresses like Bandits did in Oblivion, which is definitely an improvement.

Oblivion was babysitting us and Fallout 3 was just looking after us. Hopefully the next game won't care about us :lmao:

EDIT: Oh sorry about bad language I didn't notice :)

Edited by Nic-V
Keep it clean please.

• 6 months later...

Gees my first great moment of MW was when I borrowed it from a friend stepped out of the boat and went :D flipping amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! OB so sucks after this woooooohhhhh!!!! <-- this was while listeing to the Jurassic park theme so it gave a better sense of excitmetn and I apologize for the exclamation overkill had to express my love for the game somehow XD

• 2 weeks later...
5- When I stole every single misc item in Balmora and sold them to merchants. I made around 400 gold selling cups, cloths and ustensils.

:cookie4u: ditto

also, the first time I levitated was magickal - from getting the blessing from that shrine in Vivec and then flying all the way to the santus shrine because I couldn't speak to anyone - no fast travel (for that temple quest).

I remember the end of the main quest was just awesome.

Oh man I LOVED the end of the Main Quest. :cookie4u: Oblivions, sadly, was kind of a letdown really. I was expecting more. It didn't have that epic feel that Morrowind's did, walking down the side of Red Mountain after with blue skies and the ghostfence dead. *has happy geek moment* Now that felt like a champion moment.

• 1 month later...

I know said it in page #2, but Morrowind is so immersive for me that walking around Suran near the coast brings the smell of sand and salt water to my nose. Morrowind is just so...relaxing. I can take breaks in-game and still have fun doing it.

It's something I can't feel in Oblivion or Daggerfall. In OB or DG I seem to always be rushed, always running somewhere to do something as soon as possible.

So when I want action, I switch to Oblivion or Daggerfall, when I just want to relax in another dimension I play Morrowind. :)