DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Concerning Scripting:

Colin_man

so I've been kicking around an idea for a while concerning a new telekinesis spell and was wondering if it would be possible to do (like within the realm of possibility at all):  

Spell: "Tactical Telekinesis"

Effect: objects picked up and thrown (like in vanilla) now have the ability to deal damage to actors when they hit them.  this damage varies by object, and is in direct relationship to the weight of the object itself.  The casting cost of the spell varies in the same way.  the more damage done, the better likelihood of the person struck stumbling or even being knocked down.   :)   (no way did I just use that emoticon in a practical manner!!)

any thoughts?

Hmm sounds chalenging. If your spell somehow temporarly defined the object as a "trap" then the gaming engine would handle the damage for you. An area of effect spell could tell you the damage caused to an actor, but I don't know how you'd limit it to the actor you threw the object at. I'm not aware of any vanilla fuction to tell you the weight of clutter, but there might be an OBSE function.

Hiopefuly someone more knowledgable in this area will have better ideas.

Good Luck,

WT

I do not think this is possible with vanilla scripting.

Objects would have to be scripted and I am not sure you can do that on the fly with any random object. Perhaps OBSE can do that, I do not know.

Even if you could add scripts to objects with OBSE, I am not sure you would be able to detect a collision with another object, at least while you have it grabbed. Or if it collided with a creature of NPC, or a rock or tree. Collision is still collision. With OBSE you may be able to tell what kind of object the collision reference is, again not sure there.

If this is possible, it would be a very complex thing to accomplish. But then, that is just my opinion.  :)