DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Just because I'm scared

Colin_man

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, incidentally, could the problem with my second NPC not using his correct greeting have something to do with my quest conditions?  as in not the conditions of the second step, but the quest overall?  up until now I was using:

GetIsID elenara == 1.00

GetInCell ICArcaneUniversity == 1.00

GetIsPlayableRace == 1.00

would any of those hamper the second NPC (who is not elenara and lives in leyawiin) from doing his job and advancing the quest?

oh, incidentally, could the problem with my second NPC not using his correct greeting have something to do with my quest conditions?  as in not the conditions of the second step, but the quest overall?  up until now I was using:GetIsID elenara == 1.00GetInCell ICArcaneUniversity == 1.00GetIsPlayableRace == 1.00would any of those hamper the second NPC (who is not elenara and lives in leyawiin) from doing his job and advancing the quest?

Yup, sure would. Most quests in the game use only 1 condition, the GetIsPlayableRace. You can use a trick of creating a new faction called CustomDialogueFaction and add all of your NPCs to that faction, then use the quest condition GetInFaction 'CustomDialogueFaction' == 1

Get rid of those other two conditions.  aa_biggrin.gif

Oh, btw Dark.. you're hilarious.  I just read your response to my post on the official forums HAHAHA.  I suppose I asked for that, being that i was already getting help here. I surrender, you got me!  :pints:

Thanks, was just trying to get your attention to save you time seeking help!  aa_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

so I *think* there's only one problem left with my mod!  I want to be able to have my quest update when the PC enters a specific cell (my cave).  I can't figure that part out, though.  Also: do I need to prevent the quest from updating to this stage when the PC hasn't completed the prior stages?  (like if you stumble upon the way to get in rather than being told)

Do you have a quest script?

If not, you can use this one:

scn MyQuestNameScriptshort dooncebegin gamemode	if getstage QUESTNAME == stage # ;what it should be when the player enters the cell.		if player.getincell CELLNAME == 1                       if doonce == 0			     setstage QUESTNAME stage # ; the stage number it should update to                            set doonce to 1		     endif	     endif     endifend

If you DO have a quest script running on the script, you can just add the two together.  aa_biggrin.gif

ok so implement this in the quest data panel, right? and does this look correct:

scn MissingTelekineticMasterScript

short doonce

begin gamemode

if getstage MissingTelekineticMaster == 10

if player.getincell MossyGrotto1 == 1

if doonce == 0

setstage MissingTelekineticMaster 15

set doonce to 1

endif

endif

endif

end

That worked Dark! sweet!  I've just got to package the mod and do a tiny bit of "cleaning" to it and I think I'll have a workable quest and new spell  :poke:

I have a couple small issues that have come up during play-testing:

I have three choices of responses at one point during the quest, one having to do with paying an NPC.  currently if the PC chooses the payment response and doesn't have the money to cover the payment, the PC just loses all their gold.  This is OK but I'd rather the player be told "you don't have that much" or something.  I bet this is another bit of scripting *shudder*.

I have another NPC who (I think) responds correctly depending upon his disposition to the player, but he doesn't have the possibility of persuasion  :poke:   This also is OK as you could use a charm spell.. but some players won't like that much.

Also: how do I make it so that an NPC is harder to steal from?  I'm leaving the possibility of stealing the spell book from the NPC for shady characters, but I'd rather that not be the easy road  :rofl:

Okay, for the gold issue. You need to add a condition to the NPCs dialogue and you need to have 2 responses from the character if the player chooses yes pay. The first response "That's excellent!" with the condition GetItemCount Gold001 >= 500.00 (or whatever the gold count should be) this will check for the player's gold count. The second response to Yes Pay would be like "Oh, sorry, it appears you don't have enough money" with the condition GetItemCount Gold001

The get item count condition on the dialogue will check the player's gold count before taking any money.

You could give the NPC the persuasion option by unchecking the No Persuasion box in the base editor.

And boosting an NPC's responsibility should make them harder to steal from. The closer the responsibility gets to 100 the more aware they are.  aa_biggrin.gif

ok, I've applied these ones!  although the NPC who needed the persuasion didn't have the box checked for "No persuasion.  The issue might be that there's no time for the PC to do his/her persuading, being that the persuasion box (or the end conversation box for that matter) are not present during conversation.

ok, I've applied these ones!  although the NPC who needed the persuasion didn't have the box checked for "No persuasion.  The issue might be that there's no time for the PC to do his/her persuading, being that the persuasion box (or the end conversation box for that matter) are not present during conversation.

Can the PC persuade this character BEFORE the convo?

Not sure, it's hard to say without looking at it directly. Usually when you start a convo, there's a greeting, then the NPC has a number of choices of things to talk about and a persuasion option at the bottom of the list. If the player chooses the quest topic, they chat and the NPC says "I don't like you enough to talk about that" or something similar. The flag GOODBYE should be checked on that response line, so the convo will end. The player then knows when they start the greeting again, they will have to play the persuasion game before hitting the quest topic again. Does that make sense?  :rofl:

ok so I've got the new line inserted for the character who asks for money, but this time he only responds as if you haven't got the money to pay him, no matter what your septim count.   his conditions are :

GetIsId ElenarasCourier == 1

GetItemCount Miscitem: 'Gold001' <799>= 800.00

am I using the wrong gold?  is it gold nuggets or something lol

What is this?

= 800.00

That is not a logical exp​ression.

GetItemCount Miscitem: 'Gold001' = 800.00

That is not a logical statement.

You cannot be both less than 799 and greater than or equal to 800. This will never be a true exp​ression.