DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

help with retexting...

BadCompany

okay, i want retext some armor to be darker...for a mod i'm making i chose to retext jojjos Lich King armor.  I used the burnt/shadow feature in gimp to make it darker and saved it as i new file.  Then i changed the text. paths in nifscope and saved as a diferent file.  However i cant seem to get it to work in game.   When i saved it i did choose DTX3, an i am a complete noob at retexting.  Could someone walk me through the process?  the tutorials didn't have the info i seek...

Ahhh...I can already see what the problem might be. You have no normal maps. The textures for each piece should have had another .dds texture with the same names except with _n added to each.

For Example, your curiass texture is called BC_DarkLordCuirass.dds

There should have been another texture called BC_DarkLordCuirass_n.dds

Do you have normal maps for your textures?

Also, you dont want extra underscores (_) in texture or mesh names so you should change the names to BCDarkLordCuirass.dds

Happy to help!

If you use the original _n files, that's ok, but you have to rename them to match the renamed textures. They have to have the same name or the CS won't identify the normal map as belong to that texture.

You do not use a normal map as the world model. you need another .nif file with the same name as the biped model but with _gnd and the end. That .nif is the world model. It should be in the meshes folder of the mod you borrowed the armor from.

You need to make sure your meshes (.nif and there should be 2 meshes for each piece of armor) are in your DataMeshesArmor folder

Your textures (.dds and _.dds 2 for each piece of armor) should be in your DataTexturesArmor folder

The files have to been in their proper folders BEFORE you apply the textures to the meshes in NifSkope. Apply the texture to the _gnd meshes that same as you would the regular meshes.

:cavalier:

Aight, well i retexted it successfully  aa_tongue.gif and i think it looks great.

but now i would like to have the blue glowy effect here to be black.  Is that possible?  How would i do it? could someone do it for me?  

http://www.4shared.c...28/sharing.html (the helm data is the northrend folder, for any1 who want to take a gander)

btw, the effect i'm talking about id from here

-agian, thnx for all ur help  :blush: ...i still can't believe i actually rextured something aa_biggrin.gif