DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Lighting with the Construction Set

LtGreeneyes

Hi there!  I'm currently following the guide in the Wiki, and I'm having some problems with the lighting settings... it says that most underground settings are at 30, but it does not adequately describe the lighting tab.  I set all the colors to 50, like it suggests, but when I tested, it was extremely dark.  Is the Wiki written on an older version?

In a dungeon or underground level, 50 is dark, but it's supposed to be underground, so it would be dark ambiently. You can set those settings to whatever level you like. 90 is quite bright, but it will be a bright black (so grey) if all three numbers are the same. For general interiors you might try different levels like R 48 G 50 B 64. You can also play with different colors by making one number higher than another to create different moods.

Whatever lighting scheme you choose as far as general ambiance, you can add to the lighting by adding light objects. You find them in the object window under WorldObjects>Light. The objects there just drag and drop into the render window and you can use them to give more light to your scene such as candles, torches, ambient spot lights, etc.

Which guide are you doing in the Wiki? My first dungeon? Or the Beginner's Guide?

lampsconce01yellow256

I also tried

Chorrollightsoftyellow300

I also tried to edit the light by going into the cell list, right-clicking on my cell, and selecting edit, then clicking on the lighting tab.  I picked select color on ambient, and turned it all the way up, and it still is completely pitch-black in my room.  the walls light up when I am against them, and I found one of the lamps that I placed, but it puts off no light.  I have no mods on, other than oblivion.esm, and my current mod.