DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Female Clothes?

DarkRider

Hail Modders!

Is it possible to create female only clothing? For example, I have a skirt that does not have a make equivalent. But when I add it in the CS, without anything in the male column, I get the white diamond instead of the model. Is it really not possible to have female only clothes?  :coolup:

Guys can't wear skirts?  aa_tongue.gif

What you did is correct, I have made 'female' only clothing as well. But I usually assign a 'generic' clothing to the male slot.

But, I usually check the 'not-playable' check box so the player cannot wear it or take it from the NPC's.

What exactly are you planning on doing with the clothing, how will it be used? Does it need to be usable by the player?

Guys can't wear skirts?  aa_tongue.gif What you did is correct, I have made 'female' only clothing as well. But I usually assign a 'generic' clothing to the male slot.But, I usually check the 'not-playable' check box so the player cannot wear it or take it from the NPC's.What exactly are you planning on doing with the clothing, how will it be used? Does it need to be usable by the player?

I've retexted a dozen new clothing items for my NPCs, but I have been threatened with bodily harm if I don't make the clothes playable by certain female players. So, yeah they need to be playable...I wanna live. There are like 3 dresses that have no male equivalents and the CS doesn't seem to take kindly to an empty male block. This game really favors the blokes in the clothing/armor arena!  aa_biggrin.gif

[EDIT]
I could modify the Amulet of Kings Script
scn AmuletofKingsSCRIPTref tempRefbegin OnEquip player	MessageBox "The Amulet of Kings slips off as you try to fasten it around your neck."	set tempRef to GetContainer	tempRef.unequipitem AmuletofKings 1end

But what is the "set TempRef to GetContainer" for? And this script would require a different script for every article of clothing. Is there a way to include all three clothing items so they could all use the same script?

[EDIT EDIT] Okay I've worked on this a bit and have a working script:

scn aaRCFemaleClothing01SCRIPTref tempRefbegin OnEquip player	if GetIsSex Male == 1	     MessageBox "Oops, this clothing is for a woman!"	    player.unequipitem aaRCUpperShirtFem01 1     endifend

It works, but is still only applicable to one of the clothing items. Anyone know a way to expand this script to include the other 2 articles of clothing?  :coolup:

They were using the TempRef to store "Who?" was wearing the object. The way you've written it the script assumes it's the player. Might get you in trouble if a male NPC ever tried to equip the dress. You might also want to throw in a check to see if it's the player before popping up the message box. Then again maybe that scenario is to unlikely to worry about.

You should be able to use GetSelf to ID the clothing meaning you wouldn't have to customize the script. I have a vague memory of a problem with that method though, and I can't access the Wiki from work so you might want to double check.

WT

I've retexted a dozen new clothing items for my NPCs, but I have been threatened with bodily harm if I don't make the clothes playable by certain female players. So, yeah they need to be playable...I wanna live. There are like 3 dresses that have no male equivalents and the CS doesn't seem to take kindly to an empty male block. This game really favors the blokes in the clothing/armor arena!  aa_biggrin.gif

:coolup:
Hmm, why complicate the clothing with scripts...

Just like the other 'dresses and skirts' in the game, just take some pants and retexture them along the same color lines as the new skirt and assign that as the 'male' version. Since its made specifically for the ladies, the male version does not need to be anything special, I would assume. (as far as a new mesh is concerned.)

If you going to release it as playable clothing, then you need both version. Its more irritating to the public when you make it 'Female Only'. Thats my  :rofl:

:coolup: Hmm, why complicate the clothing with scripts...Just like the other 'dresses and skirts' in the game, just take some pants and retexture them along the same color lines as the new skirt and assign that as the 'male' version. Since its made specifically for the ladies, the male version does not need to be anything special, I would assume. (as far as a new mesh is concerned.)If you going to release it as playable clothing, then you need both version. Its more irritating to the public when you make it 'Female Only'. Thats my  :rofl:

For 2 reasons. First it would mean doubling the number of new textures, a luxury I don't have in a large mod with a huge number of new textures already. And second, because I have beautiful _gnd versions of my retexted clothes that look brilliant as decor in a woman's room, that no one will see if there's a male alternative since the game favors the male version. I don't think the public will find a couple pieces of female only clothes that irritating, honestly, more likely to be fun, but thanks for your  :poke:

Reason 1. Not that big of an issue. Make the texture a smaller size, 512x2, or 256x2. These are usually in the Kilobytes.

Reason 2. Nope. The GND can be anything you want it to be. If a male puts on the clothing, they get pants. If a female puts on the clothing they get a skirt. The ground mesh does not matter in this instance.

Reason 3. You would be surprised at what people complain about. I have seen many threads on the 'female only' clothing topic, and its not 'pretty'. Pun intended :coolup:

Are you only getting the missing mesh mesh when you put the clothing on males, or on females too? (When you set it up as female slots filled only)

Reason 1. Not that big of an issue. Make the texture a smaller size, 512x2, or 256x2. These are usually in the Kilobytes.Reason 2. Nope. The GND can be anything you want it to be. If a male puts on the clothing, they get pants. If a female puts on the clothing they get a skirt. The ground mesh does not matter in this instance.Reason 3. You would be surprised at what people complain about. I have seen many threads on the 'female only' clothing topic, and its not 'pretty'. Pun intended :coolup: Are you only getting the missing mesh mesh when you put the clothing on males, or on females too? (When you set it up as female slots filled only)

I get the missing mesh in the CS when I use the female slots only. I'm not adding it to characters yet, just to a bedroom. The one dress that is not playable worked fine on the NPC with only the female slots used.

Really I just want it to show as a female garment when lying in the scene. Your idea of adding the female _gnd to the male column is great. But, won't people get equally annoyed if the male version is nothing special?

I get the missing mesh in the CS when I use the female slots only. I'm not adding it to characters yet, just to a bedroom. The one dress that is not playable worked fine on the NPC with only the female slots used.Really I just want it to show as a female garment when lying in the scene. Your idea of adding the female _gnd to the male column is great. But, won't people get equally annoyed if the male version is nothing special?

It sounds like you do not have a ground mesh set up that works for the clothing. They use a different mesh from the 'wearable' mesh thats used. The ground mesh usually looks like a folded pile of clothing. If its shows as the missing mesh, then you need to make sure the mesh is where the game thinks it should be, and that its not names something weird, and that its a mesh that actually works in the game (no mesh errors).
Since the ground mesh is the same for both, just fill in the male slot with the female ground mesh.

I think people are more used to male and female versions of a clothing item. If a man is going to put on 'Sexy Nighty' then I am not sure what they 'would' expect. I would make a pair of pants that looked like pajamas.

No, I have a proper _gnd mesh, it works fine in the male column, just not in the female column if there is no male column entry. I may just use vanilla clothing in the male column, except use the retexted female _gnd so I can use it in sets. Thanks!  aa_biggrin.gif

You may have to use the female GND mesh in the male column.

I also believe that if a male player drops the item, the ground mesh will become the male assigned GND mesh.

It will also, I believe, default to the male GND when you drop it in the CS. So, you will have to make the male GND mesh the female one if you want to see that for clutter.

You may have to use the female GND mesh in the male column.I also believe that if a male player drops the item, the ground mesh will become the male assigned GND mesh.It will also, I believe, default to the male GND when you drop it in the CS. So, you will have to make the male GND mesh the female one if you want to see that for clutter.

Aye, that's what I meant. That I would use vanilla male clothing in the male column for the Biped model, but my retexted female _gnd in the male World Model slot to give it the female appearance when dropped! Thanks for your tips, I've got this working now!  :coolup: