DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Construction Set Crashing Please help

carver

I've been using the construction set for 2 years now and had my share of problems but

this resent one has put my modding to a halt. in the dialogue section I can create a new

topic but when I try to create a response it crashes every time.

It doesn't matter which file I working on or even creating a new one always the same

thing. I tried reinstalling the game and still crashing.It seems like its tiring to access some

temp file that may be corrupted but I dont know where this file might be.If someone could

help me figure this out or send me in the right direction I would be very thankful

The CS is a fickle beast.

I always get a crash after I have had the CS up for over 5 minutes, and I try to add or change a script on an object.

Some people cannot create a new light source. When they try, it crashes. (I dont have this problem.)

Dialog is another of those mysterious instances where crashes happen regular for some people. (Not me, luckily)

I think its all hardware related. And that means the drivers that are attached to the hardware as well.

Installing a new game, loading up a new program, hardware starting to go bad, all these I will guess can cause problems.

There may be a solution, but I don't know what it might be since I don't have these troubles. And I run Vista, BTW.

You might try running the CS as administrator and see if that allows you to add dialogue.  aa_biggrin.gif
Does XP care about admin?Its been so long since I used it that I can't remember....  :rofl:

Dunno, but I did some research into others who have had the same issue and another XP user found success by running the CS as admin, so that's why I suggested it.  :coolup:

as the owner am I not the administrator ?

Yes, you are, assuming you have your account set as administrator, but by rightclicking on the CS icon, you should have an option "Run as Administrator" forcing the CS to start with no restrictions. Post back if that is not an option for you, or if it is and doesn't work. Troubleshooting the crashes in the CS can take some time. Stick with it!  aa_biggrin.gif

Found the problem, I'm using a usb headphone/mic cause my soundcard died a long time ago

I had unplugged it to recharge my wife's mp3 player. and since I had on other active sound

devices it crashed. who would of thought unplugging you head phones would have caused

that. thanks guys for all your help. hope I can return the favor some time.