DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

C++ error on opening NifScope

Colin_man

So I know this isn't quite the site for this question, but I thought I would see if anyone had gotten past this.  Upon opening NIFscope after installation I get the following:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:Program FilesNifToolsNifScopeNifScope.exe

This program has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Kinda cryptic and generic.  I've set NifScope as an exception for my firewall, so that's probably not the issue.  Anyone know what's going on?

:scary: Drat! I thought at least we could determine if ti was the app itself, or some interference from another program.

I have Nifskope installed, and have never experienced that particular error. All of my Nifskope errors have been my doing... like accidentally modifying hairs so they display backwards on my characters... hee.

It sounds like it's time for some Google-fu, or to take a peek at the Nifskope wiki, and see if there's a list of common errors.

Hmm, never run across that one before either. If event viewer doesn't show anything it might be worth having a browse through the NifScope install directory and seeing if it generated a log. Have a look at the ReadMe too, incase it has system requirements. I don't remember any but it might need DOTNET or something.

WT

Eureka!

I, in fact, had TOO new a version of NifSkope installed, as well as putting it in my program files folder instead of my apps folder.  I'd been downloading the necessary programs individually, and while googling just now I found the all in one Download for blender (which I had and was working).  This one used an older version of NifSkope, and the added instruction of changing the install folder.  

Oh well, problem solved!  :scary: