DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tree Resource Help?

DarkRider

Hail Modders!

I'm trying to make use of Siegfried's Tree Resource. I've got these speedtree files and a handful of textures. His readme suggests renaming everything and putting it into your directory, then adding them to the CS yourself, but doesn't give much info on how to actually do this. Through trial and error I got the files into the right directories, but as soon as I tried to drop a new tree into the render window, the CS crashed. I think it's because the texture paths were broken when I renamed and moved everything. Doe sanyone know how to apply textures to a .spt file? Any tips on using this resource? I'm stuck.  :woot:

Have you tried using the file paths provided in the download?

I looked at the SPT files and they use TGA textures, not the included DDS textures. Not sure if this might be a problem as well.

You might also ask somebody who has a 3D modeling program to load the SPT file up.

SpeedTree Tree Data File Category 3D Image Files File Description Contains procedural tree data used by SpeedTreeCAD, a tree modeling program; includes information required to construct the tree geometry, as well as data for LOD implementation, wind animation, and cloning.SPT files can also be read by other 3D modeling programs that have the SpeedTreeMAX or SpeedTreeMAYA plugins installed.  Program(s) that open spt files: Windows  IDV SpeedTreeCAD Autodesk 3ds max with SpeedTreeMAX plugin Autodesk Maya with SpeedTreeMAYA plugin

Other than that, I am not familiar with speed tree files.