DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Mystic Archives Gone A.W.O.L.

WhoGuru

Ok, this is a confusing one so bear with me.  :woot:   The interior architecture of the Mystic Archives ground floor has gone missing. Now read on before you jump to conclusions.

I was testing a mod. The mod does not alter anything in the archives, only adds a single NPC. The mod has been cleaned and thoroughly gone over by two people now and it's impossible for it to have caused this.

Here's what happened. I installed one version of the mod, did the quest, everything was fine, Archives just as they they should be. I then updated the mod with a new version, went back in to test the quest and the first floor of the Archives is gone. Floors, walls, ceiling. Gone.

I have not been messing about with the meshes. The only thing that changed was the mod, yet it has no effect on the Archives themselves. Two expert modders have been at this one for me with no success.

Now here's where it gets interesting. After disabling the mod, the ground floor of the Archives is still gone. I have tried clean saves, loading in the older version of the mod, removing it altogether, loaded saves I haven't touched in over a year. Still gone. BUT when I pull the Mystic Archives ground floor up in the CS, it shows that it's still there. Now I, and they, are truly confused. Why can I see it in the CS but it no longer appears in game?

I'd appreciate any stroke of genius here. Any at all. We're out of ideas.

aa_wall.gif  My load order, for what it's worth. Some of the esp's you wont recognize are WIP dungeons for a mod in progress. For the most part Interiors only and none of them touching the Archives or any part of the IC at all.

Edit: Things we've tried:

-TES4edit - The Oblivion esm. is the only thing affecting the cell in question.

-OBMM Archive Invalidation - No change.

-Archive Invalidation Invalidator - No change.

-Changing the name of the meshes folder temporarily - No change.

-Deactivating all mods and loading a clean character. No change.

-Load order checked in WryeBash - No emsified esp's.

Edit Again: We can add a second missing interior architecture.  aa_wall.gif  The Fire and Steel in Chorrol Gone as well.

Also updated my load order.

Is it possible that you've merged Oblivion with "the Neverending Story" and that The Nothing is eating away at your world?

I think the only fix is "to believe" if that's the case...  Otherwise... I'm so sorry that this is happening and wish i could help as well  :woot:

I've been smelling the stink of that reinstall coming on for weeks, but somebody's in denial!  aa_tongue.gif

I'm  not in denial! I'm not! Really!! So NOT in de.,....oh who am I kidding? :woot:  I'm gonna go with Colin's theory. It must be the nothing! I BELIEVE!! I BELIEVE You (&*^@#@#** game.

aa_wall.gif  

I'm going in to try a console code JDFan gave me over on Beth's forums. If that doesn't work...re-install. Yes. Almost ready to do it even. I still have some things to back up before I start shifting things to another drive for safety.

Ah well, I gave up. Nothing was working and last night, after finding the second missing interior in Chorrol, my game developed some new bugs. I couldn't fast travel to Chorrol or anywhere near Chorrol without a CTD then this morning, Oblivion started crashing during launch.   aa_wall.gif  

I bow to my favorite buggy game's bad temper. I've done a full reinstall.  :lmao:  The mystic Archives are back which is the good news. The bad news for me is reinstalling all the DLC, patches, mods, CS, ObMM, etc... Now I'm trying to remember what order everything goes in. Man it's been a while.  :woot:  And wow I forgot what a true vanilla game looks like. Eek. I need my mods! AHHH!

Starting afresh can be a very good thing!  And think of how much more you know about this wonderful but picky princess of a game- getting back up to speed will be a breeze,. :woot:

Do you have a backup save of Red around? Because you can use Wrye Bash to import her face onto a new character, if you've grown really attached to her. It's a snap.

I do have my saves backed up so no problem there once I get my mods reinstalled. At the moment, I'm doing this...   aa_wall.gif  Cause the bloody CS wont install. When the hubby and I went through and cleaned everything out, he removed the CS as well, not knowing it didn't need to go until I went looking for it.  :woot:  So I downloaded a new copy, no big deal only IT WONT INSTALL! AHHH!

Panicking a bit here.  :lmao:

Okay! ALl is right with the world!  :lmao:  For some reason, both the downloads on Bethesda and the CS Wiki for the construction set were bugged. Either couldn't get the complete download or wasn't getting anything at all, like they're corrupt.

I found it on the Nexus though, thank you LHammonds, my savior!   :woot:  Have CS will travel! Woo!

Hmm, I have some ideas as to why this happens. It could be mod related, but probably hardware or viral related.

I have had my oblivion installed since early 2007 when I installed it on my new VISTA machine and have never had to do a re-install. Weird.

Hope you get the re-install working properly. :woot:

Neverending story?!! Great book and I really like the picture! ROTFL!!!

As above, the reinstall went mostly without a hitch.   aa_tongue.gif  Everything's up and working fine and my missing interiors are back where they should be. Viral related I think is a stretch, why only those two interiors in this one game? Fallout was unaffected so my hubby says and he went on a diligent hunt through the game looking for bugs after this mess. LOL The other games we play regularly were also unaffected.

As for hardware related, I need hard -ha ha- evidence on that. When testing a mod for another modder recently, nearing the site of his mod in game threw me into blackscreen, all but the hud. I was told it was hardware related. This turned out not to be the case as the latest update of his mod works perfectly without issue, which tells me there was something wrong in the version I was testing causing that area to fail to render.

Also, since the reinstall, the missing interiors have returned and I once more have a bug free game putting another nail in the coffin of that theory.  :wave:  and believe me, I wish it had been hardware related. I would have known what caused it in the first place. Now I just have to live knowing that it could happen again at any time, prompting another reinstall to fix it.

Ah well, perhaps someday someone else will experience this and find the cause.   :lmao:  Hopefully before I ever have to deal with it again! LOL

I know how painful a complete reinstall with all the DLC, Unofficial Patches, FPS increasing programs, OBSE and countless mods can be.

On the plus side you have an excuse to clear out some of the crap you may have in there!  :lmao: