DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Swine Flu? Oink?

WhoGuru

Looks like we have another outbreak! The CDC and WHO announced a Swine flu epidemic in Mexico. It's spread to the US, New Zealand and France as well to date. Here's a link to an article about it for those interested.

Swine Flu Pandemic

Thankfully, there's only one confirmed case here in Ohio so far.   aa_tongue.gif  Mexico though, man I feel for everyone down there. Must be very scary in Mexico City right now with the city all but closed down. I hope this blows over without any more deaths.

Introduced boars and feral pigs certainly are more serious a problem than garden tramplers now. Quite scary, considering that any pig could be carrying this, even the pampered pets (quite unlikely, but certainly not out of the question.) :candle:

Edit: *WEEEE!* *SQUEAL!*

You cannot catch it from eating pork, which is a damn good thing, as I loves me bacon...... You can catch it from live animals, including humans though. Treatment seems to be rather effective here in the states, no deaths here.... Not sure why so many in mexico werent so lucky.

I feel sad for the families of those that have lost loved ones to this flu.

This especially effects the very poor, such as many people in Mexico, as they cannot afford the medicines or treatment that us Americans (and other wealthy countries) take for granted.

EDIT:

My reference to this effecting the poor was in response to the question on why so many have died in Mexico. I am not a medical official, so this is just my guess as to why there have been so many deaths in Mexico.

I  am sorry if I have come across in my post as anything but concerned for those that have been effected by this flu.

I appreciate the concern Red and the community has for all people of the world in times such as this.

I feel sad for the families of those that have lost loved ones to this flu.This especially effects the very poor, such as many people in Mexico, as they cannot afford the medicines or treatment that us Americans (and other wealthy countries) take for granted.Let us not forget this when we leave our remarks to Red's wonderful post.

Sorry.... it's just the concept that amuses me, not the death... I too long for a day when there are no mor Bacterial Birdy's,  Sickened Swine, and Coughing Kangaroos... I hope that didnt just defeat the point of the apology, because it wasn't meant to

Seems exaggerated as usual by the media, but thank goodness I don't see it on CNN, which is utterly stupid, "BREAKING NEWS" is there almost non-stop. Also, that Lou Dobbs is a nitwit, as I said before to Guru...

I feel sorry for the families that are losing people,  :cry: which is why I hate most News-companies. Feeding off the misfortunes of others.  :candle:

Seems exaggerated as usual by the media, but thank goodness I don't see it on CNN, which is utterly stupid, "BREAKING NEWS" is there almost non-stop. Also, that Lou Dobbs is a nitwit, as I said before to Guru...I feel sorry for the families that are losing people,  :cry: which is why I hate most News-companies. Feeding off the misfortunes of others.  :candle:

You pretty much summed up my feelings on this exactly. :wave:

[Moderator Action Taken by WhoGuru] Content Edit Reason: No one is trying to be insensitive nor imply that anyone else is being insensitive; let's leave that misunderstanding in peace.