DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

TES Arena

WillieSea

Ahh, good ol' TES Arena, the very first game in the series. I remember playing that game like it was yesterday.

With the fast computers and windows operating system, I thought I would never get to play this great game again, ever. Well, I looked into it and it plays very well on my Vista machine. No, Really, it does! aa_tongue.gif

And you know what the best part is? Its absolutely FREE to download and play it, directly from the Bethsoft website. They have made it available to the public... Now, wasn't that nice of them?

So, I was playing it last night and so many memories flooded back to me. It was amazing for its time,

Here is the bethsoft download site:

http://www.elderscro...anniv-arena.htm

It comes with some basic instructions on setting up DOSbox and the code you need to play the game.

Here is DOSbox which you will need to run the TES Arena game. I got the 'Windows 0.72' version and it works nicely. Its a Free SourceForge program.

http://www.dosbox.co...load.php?main=1

I will be playing it more in the future. Its interesting to read the story line...

I downloaded it sometime ago.  I never played past the char gen, but not because of the primitive graphics.  Other things pulled me away from the computer - what a shock!  :cry:   That was a hard drive ago.   I'll check it out if I can - it's intriguing.  Thanks for the reminder, man!  :pints:

I ordered it on Ebay in 2005.

The guy who was selling it lived two hours by car from my location and I was the sole bidder since the box and the manual were in french (But the game isn't.)

I'm french so I didn't mind.

I paid 1$ + shipping.  aa_tongue.gif

I love it and still play it from time to time. I'm still amazed about the graphics for a 1994 game. There's some basic water reflection in some places, the lighting is good and the landscape is too.

I recently discovered that there are rowboats in the wilderness that you can use to get past some rivers. I was very surprised when I saw that!

My first Elder Scrolls game was Daggerfall in 1996.

I got myself an old computer from my friend's aunt.

It's a 166 MHz, 64mb RAM (Quite impressive I must say, to have that much ram)

With Windows 98.

My old games work like a charm and some of them require me to use Turboto slow down the games.

I never played a spellcaster in Arena. Passwall was the spell you could use to destroy a block of wall in a dungeon, isn't? It must be very fun to use.  :pints:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

A few of us are hoping to "Remaster Arena". I am actually doing a complete play through in order to take unique screenshots and record dialogue to help provide the developers with information pertaining to the game. If anyone is interested in this:

Our goal is to recreate the first game in "The Elder Scrolls" series. To begin, the site is divided by each section Coding, Landscaping, 3D modeling, etc. Join the area you would like to help work on. We welcome anyone with experience with any of the development departments and an understanding of "The Elder Scrolls". This project is not affiliated with TesRenewal

Currently we are on discord @  https://discord.gg/q2kRdf7. I can tell you that I have been having an absolute blast replaying TES Arena. It has been 20 years since I played it the first time.

Our understanding is that considering Arena is a free download from Bethesda and we are not using any of Arena's assets it is okay to work on this project. I was told that when TesRenewal started their projects they did not have permission and the only reason Bethesda said anything to them was because Zenimax did not like that they were using Morrowind textures and meshes in Oblivion. Our Administrator, RPG-KING 117, has been trying to contact Bethesda. He will continue to reach out for a response until we are either told yes or no, either way we will respect their decision. For now we are just fans of the game working together to see what we can do to Remaster Arena into a more modern gaming experience.

If we are mistaken in this understanding, I sincerely apologize for promoting our efforts on here. I admire all the work your team puts into the mods and tutorials you create. I continuously try to promote your site to my gaming friends.

Edited by dmdbd1970