DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

DLC for 64 bit systems.

donnato

Hi guys, I was over checkin out the Bthesda DLC thread site and came up with a question that`s been naggin at me for awhile. When I go to the official  Bethesda Elder Scrolls site and start looking through the available DLC, I found some I`d like to get but as i read through the info I found notes at the bottom stating that they weren`t compatable with Vista 64 bit systems. Now granted, that was awhile ago, but I`m curious if there are other sites I`ve been missing?

Is the download site online again?

Well, if not, all the better. They're buggy little ripoffs either way :/.

It's the copy protection of the installer preventing you to install them on anything but Windows XP 32. Unless it's Battlehorn Castle you like to have (there are better user made castles though), I suggest to get the KotN retail disc: It includes all DLCs except Battlehorn, is cheaper than buying the DLCs one by one, and the installer doesn't have the copy protection.

Wait, scratch that. I suggest not getting them at all. Really, most of the DLCs seems to be made by a moddeler who knows his work and an intern at Bethesda.

Well, before I converted to Windows 7 -signal the heavenly trumpets- I used Vista 32-bit. I bought KotN retail and got Battlehorn Castle in the free week, they all installed fine. It's worth a shot, but maybe a used cheap copy off ebay may the best in-case it does not work.

The KoTN came with my GoTY boxed set...haven`t seen any thing extra though. A lot of 32 bit content will work for me, but if there`s a specific caviat against trying to use it on a 64 I walk. Like I said...if I want it done right...I`m headin over to the CS school ya got down the street.  :rofl:

The disk version will install under vista, or, XP 64 bit, no problem.

The downloadable ones (if you can even get them.....) can be installed on vista/xp64 thru the use of a third party tool, Universl Installer, (or was it, Universal Extractor? one of the two.)

Some mods are dependent on having SI, so, that may be a factor to consider as well.

:pints: So how do I get my grubby little hands on the discs? If I load one more utility app oblivion`ll flat self destruct. I have to overclock now as it is to try to keep the crashes to a minimum. Thanks for the leads though, I`ve been totally engrossed messing up the scenery over at the CS tut boards, and reading through the mod posts. Very groovey stuff there, so far I`ve lost a total of 4 houses with no interiors, Another is floating about 8 feet off the ground somewhere around Anvil. Ah well, sooner or later I`ll run out of rookie mistakes. Thanks again...see ya.  :pints:

:pints: So how do I get my grubby little hands on the discs? If I load one more utility app oblivion`ll flat self destruct. I have to overclock now as it is to try to keep the crashes to a minimum. Thanks for the leads though, I`ve been totally engrossed messing up the scenery over at the CS tut boards, and reading through the mod posts. Very groovey stuff there, so far I`ve lost a total of 4 houses with no interiors, Another is floating about 8 feet off the ground somewhere around Anvil. Ah well, sooner or later I`ll run out of rookie mistakes. Thanks again...see ya.  :pints:

I got mine in the bargain bin at wal-mart, for five bucks..... Most places that sell PC games should have it, or at least, be able to get it. Or, you may run across a bargain like I did, by pure luck.

There are many many online options as well, Ebay, Amazon, etc.