DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

MY first attempt...be kind.

donnato

OK my first shot at following the CS beginners course was totally interesting, and successful...sorta...While moving the camera view to find the cabinet in The Merchants Inn  on top of which i was supposed to place my new container, somehow I slid the entire floor a little to one side. I got it back to where it looked ok, but when I went in-game to find my container I noticed that the basement door has moved to one side. Looking through the 10 inch or so gap it looks like the stairs now go up to the 2nd floor. I didn`t ttry to sneak in to look around and saved out to come here. Man things can really get messed up easily,eh? I`l figure out how to fix it eventually but for now...back to school. Anyone else new to the CS...PAY ATTENTION...nuff said. Any input is more than welcome. If this is the worst mistake I ever have to deal with, I`ll be...amazed.  :(

I've done that many, many times, and I've modded a lot of interiors.  aa_biggrin.gif

One thing you can do if you accidentally move something and notice it fairly quickly, is use the "undo" command (under Edit) to put it back in place. More reliable than eyeballing it and trying to put it back that way.

Thanks guys. :woot:  I`ll explore that TES4EDIT lead. I tjought about the undo, but I lust wanted to see if I could actually gat the container where I wanted it with its contents intact. When I saw all the groovey stuff I could have put in, it took a huge ammount of willpower not to load up on amber arrows and the like. I`d love to plant a nice Christmas present in my house in Anvil...or even Skingrad...butI`d hate to break either of those...Maybe my shack in Chorrol....Hmmmmm  :(

It is really tempting, isn't it? I confess, I almost always give myself a Master alchemy set in my houses.  aa_tongue.gif I know, I'm bad.

Ahem. Me too. Can't NOT add in a master Alchemy set if given half the chance! :drool:  My assassin loves her poisons. heh heh heh

On a learning note. donnato, if you do plan on making and releasing a mod. Pay careful attention to the resources you use. If you use anything from Shivering Isles, you'll need to let anyone who uses your mod know they need to have SI as well. Otherwise, they simply wont see the things you added from it.

For example, my new house mod. I had used a plank from SI without realizing to "float" my house on. When Rider went in to test it, he asked me why expected people to leap across open water with the groceries when they come home.    :(  

Always watch what resources you use if you plan on releasing.   :woot:

Hey, besides, leveled loot is ridiculous, in so many ways.

It's like- if a person learns to drive a car, are they somehow prevented from being able to handle a Mercedes -Benz? Or are they forced to drive a hoopty for a certain amount of time before "graduating"? There are many ways to look at the matter, but that's the approach I take regarding alchemy sets, and other goodies. That being said, the alchemy set is typically my only big-ticket present, or dungeon-crawling becomes a snooze. aa_biggrin.gif

Perhaps a short lesson on using the "Use Info" feature to check where a particular item comes from?   aa_tongue.gif  A note that, if you're unsure, you can always uninstall the Isles until after you've finished your mod to completely avoid accidentally using its resources?  

Of course, a tutorial on how to clean a mod with TES4Edit would be VERY handy as well.   :woot:  

Master Alchemy set...cause where's the fun in gaining forty bloody levels yet never finding a single peice? And a piece or two of lovely enchanted armor.    :(   Those always make good pressies.

Cause you da man...Gimme...Gimme...Gimme...whatever ya toss out here I`ll snap up. Me, and I`ll bet lots of others too. A "Use Info" feature? Musta missed it...back i go. Thanks again. :woot: wish i knew how to import my screen captures, a picture says it all...oh well something else for me to hunt up. :(

Cool, well I have 5 tuts in a list I need to write, hopefully within the next couple of days I can have them done. Though my mod is calling to me  aa_tongue.gif

If there is something you need to know, say the next step to building your mod, please say so. If I can help I will write a tutorial for it  aa_biggrin.gif

The Use Info feature is very easy.    :(   In the Object Window, when you're looking at resources in the right hand list, simply "right click" on the item and then choose "use info" from the list. It will bring up a box showing all the places in the game that particular item is used. This is a great way to tell if something is used in the Shivering Isles of just in Oblivion.

You can also click on any of the locations in the list to go "see" how that item is used, however, this can cause dirty edits in your mod if you click on or move anything. I'll leave that to one of IS's tutorials.   aa_tongue.gif  He'll explain it far better than I can.

Thanks IS. I don`t mean to monopolize your time. You`ve all given me alot to chew on for now. I can hold off awhile, I`m thinkin, where do I finds the stuff to build with? Like for just a simple wooden structure. single floor, 4walls, a roof, maybe a floor...like that. I`m goin exploring. I found the TES4EDIT. Made very little sense to me, so I just backed on out the way I backed in. See ya.  Okay,

I'll leave that to one of IS's tutorials.   aa_tongue.gif  He'll explain it far better than I can.

Thanks, just what I wanted, another tutorial :lmao:

Thanks IS. I don`t mean to monopolize your time. You`ve all given me alot to chew on for now. I can hold off awhile, I`m thinkin, where do I finds the stuff to build with? Like for just a simple wooden structure. single floor, 4walls, a roof, maybe a floor...like that. I`m goin exploring. I found the TES4EDIT. Made very little sense to me, so I just backed on out the way I backed in. See a.

Don't worry, I like writing tutorials, I made 3 so far, got another 6 or so now. So plenty of info for people  aa_tongue.gif

For the building stuff you want to look in the Static list, in the left hand side of the screen in the Object window you will see different lists. Weapons, Spells etc. At the very bottom is the static list, click it and the full content list will be displayed to the right. Look through this to see what ya can find.

I have TES4 Edit on my to do list.

Cheers matey, I`ve learned, and accomplished more today than I have in the last week or so since joining. I followed all the leads Ive gotten so far and managed to place a farmhouse on a point of land in Anvil...now if I could just find it in-game ...ah well sorta like another quest I guess. Lots of priceless info here today, I hope this has been useful to others as well. maybe I`ll try a dungeon next. However if I can lose a whole farmhouse...above ground...well I think you can see my dilema. This gives me stuff to do when my game wont let me in without crashing. I can only overclock for so long untill I have to back out and let the heat die down. I`m heading over to check out the other threads in the modding boards. Once again my many thanks IS, not just you but all the rest who`ve been more than patient with me. :lmao:

Make sure that you've patched your game to version 1.2. Mods made in v1.2 of the CS won't appear in an unpatched game, making it impossible to find things like new farmhouses!

Don't know if your version of the game is patched? Check the lower left hand corner of the game's main menu screen for the version number. If it's less than 1.2 you need to patch your game.  aa_biggrin.gif

Another cause for missing additions is that when building in the exterior you can only build in the worldspace called "Tamriel" If you build in AnvilWorld you're building in a child world and your addition will not be visible.

Yup, that`ll do it. As far as the patch, I`m pretty sure that was the only english version that was compatible with the 64 bit OS. I seem to rember something like 1.2.04 or something close to that. If the game`ll let me in, i`LL go there now to check it. Things`ve cooled off now so I can kick in the overclock for a few hours. This wont take me that long though. Kinda fonny thing happened when I had the house basically positioned and hit "F" to let it fall. It landed nicely and I played around with the orientations a little bit and...I don`t know, but I hit the "F" key again and the whole house jumped up outta the ground so the basement floor was now siting perfectly on the grass. I just had to see this in-game and so exited the CS and went to discover that I didn`t need to import a ladder after all...amusing. Thanks Dark. Back soon. :lmao: OK I`m back. I`m running patch version 1.2.0416. I did use the Anvil referance to place the house, so that explains it. I gotta go now the RL needs my dubious attention, but in my next session (probably this WE) I`ll have such a running start that Tamriel will never look the same. Thank you my brothers and sisters. Can I buy ya one?  :pints:

Thanks guys. :lmao:  I`ll explore that TES4EDIT lead. snip

You could also try to toggle "ignore" on all the objects as well - open the CS-->file-->data-->your mod -->details(next to "set as active file")
A box will open that contains everything your mod touches.  Highlight the things you want out, and press 'delete' on your keyboard.  You'll be asked if you want to proceed --answer YES.  Load your mod as active file, then save it.  I do believe the things you've deleted will be ignored by the CS.

Good to see what you've touched, and good to just explore your mod.  Time consuming, but SUPER FUN!   aa_tongue.gif

You could also try to toggle "ignore" on all the objects as well - open the CS-->file-->data-->your mod -->details(next to "set as active file")A box will open that contains everything your mod touches.  Highlight the things you want out, and press 'delete' on your keyboard.  You'll be asked if you want to proceed --answer YES.  Load your mod as active file, then save it.  I do believe the things you've deleted will be ignored by the CS.Good to see what you've touched, and good to just explore your mod.  Time consuming, but SUPER FUN!   aa_tongue.gif

I remember doing that before, but the CS only gets rid of data after you have closed and then re-opend it. So the deleted data will still be there untill after its been restarted.