DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Shivering Armors Variety; SAV

Running4Cover

Nearly There!  Testing just down the road, and release in sight!

Running4Cover's

Shivering Armor Variety (SAV)

Reason:

In the time I've spent in the Oblivion Modding community, I've seen countless beautiful armor retextures and replacers, ranging from new suits a new texturer has poured their heart and soul into, to massive, game changing additions, such as Armamentarium Complete.  Since Oblivion Modding fist began, there have been hundreds of retextures of every Oblivion suit of armor, be they Glass, Steel, Daedric, Dark Brotherhood, or Ebony.  That said, I have long wondered why there have been so few forrays into armor overhauls in the Shivering Isles.  I can count on one hand the number of Amber, Madness, Golden Saint, or Dark Seducer retextures I've seen, which I find to be strange.  Well, this is my first step towards trying to change that!  

Concept:

Shivering Armor Variety is an attempt to add a little visual diversity to Sheogorath's lands.  My plans are as yet rather small; create two new suits of Dark Seducer Armor, and two new suits of Golden Saint Armor (consisting of one shield, a male and female body piece, and two [Golden Saint] or three [Dark Serducer] male and female helmets each), then disperse these suits through the Shivering Isles leveled-lists, so that you may find any Dark Seducer or Golden Saint in the game wearing my armors.  If all goes according to plan, I will proceed to create the matching weapons.  Also, I plan to release both a playable and non-playable armor version, so we'll see how that goes.

I am attempting to stylize the armor in a manner that matches their respecive aspect of insanity, for example, Dark Seducer armors are primarily dark, have mostly low saturation, and look grittier and worn (you can tell, for example, on the Black&Red pieces that the Red parts aren't completely symmetrical and seem to be worn away at places, or on the Green suit you can see some grey through the green at places).  The Golden Saint armors, on the other hand, are meant to be bright and smooth, in an almost pastel way.

This mod is meant to be more complete than my usual releases (usually consisting of new armor stuck in a barrel or on a merchant somewhere), and as such will include new Icons, leveled versions of the armors, and will NOT be released as a modder's resource.

Pictures

Work has begun (thus the term Work In Progress :yoda:), and I have a few pictures to show for it, and hope to hear a few opinions ...

(I would like to apologize in advance for the picture quality; I am using a freeware screen capture device on a PC that was never meant for Oblivion)

Dark Seducer - Green - Male Armor

Golden Saint - Orange - Male Armor

Golden Saint - Orange - Shield

Golden Saint - Orange - Female Armor

Golden Saint - Orange - Icon Mashup

Dark Seducer - Black&Red - Male Armor

Dark Seducer - Black&Red - Female Armor

Golden Saint - Blue - Male Armor

Dark Seducer - Green - Male Helmet

I LOVE feedback and constructive criticism; when I hear people like my stuff, I enjoy making it more (and as such tend to create more of it).

Progress:

Golden Saint Suit 1 (Orange)             --             %100

GSS 1 (Orange) Icons                       --             %100

Golden Saint Suit 2 (Blue)                 --             %30

GSS 2 (Blue) Icons                           --             %0

Dark Seducer Suit 1 (Green)             --             %100

DSS 1 (Green) Icons                         --             %100

Dark Seducer Suit 2 (Black&Red)       --             %100

DSS 2 (Black&Red) Icons                  --             %100

ESP('s) Adding the Armors                 --             %50

Total Percentage Complete            --            %80

This is nearing completion; Testing should begin within a few days (this being written June 29th) with the help of FearNoMan777 and PacificMorrowind.  Assuming all goes well, this will be up on TESNexus and Planet Elder Scrolls very soon!  Thank you all for your support!

Cheers!

CC

Those are looking fantastic r4c!   :woot:  About time someone did this! The green is looking really nice! How about a deep, dark crimson? LOL Not that I'm partial or anything.

Haha, thanks for the kind words  aa_biggrin.gif

I too had had my heart set on a Crimson suit, but  none of mine seemed to fit well with the Demented/Dark Seducer feel (too much pop [??If you can't stop, and the music's all you got, this must be... POP?? {I just quoted 'N Sync lyrics, will someone shoot me now?  :AK47: }]).  Anyhoo, I couldn't pass up on red for them altogether, so I made a mostly black version with a bit of red where I thought it's look good.  In all honesty, it doesn;t fit the feel as much as I wish it did, but I love it now  :wub: (especially with the worn appearence!  aa_tongue.gif ).  Anyhoo, I don't think I'll be making a true Crimson suit here, but If I should come up with a version that I think will look good on seducer guards throughout the Isles, I will certainly polish up and release it  :coolup:

CC

Wow, I love  those armors!

Truly, they are beautiful and perfectly match the "House" they belong to.

Personally, I've always played dark characters and have always been attracted to anything dark so, as such, I really love the Dark Seducer Black and Red armors.  :wicket:

Thank you R4C, for taking the time to make those suits of armor and, for making Shivering Isles content. (I've always thought that there are not enough Shivering Isles mods. )

I do not have the time for testing though, and my graphic card is from 2006, so I'm afraid I can't take screenshots either. But you could ask Floydian for screenshot capture. He's a real artist at that.

But I will be watching the progress of these armors!

aa_biggrin.gif

I'm glad you like them :pints:

I too tend to play darker characters, and am planning to use the Red&Black suit as well :wicket:

Anyways, no worries about not testing or anything, I already have two people who asked to test, and a screenie-taker on the BGS forums, so I'm not in desperate need anymore :pints:

Ayhoo, I hope you like it when it comes out!

CC