DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

HELP! - General Q & A

InsanitySorrow

Thank you grond for link, it helped me much. :D

Now to my next question... it seems that something in AI makes NPCs to say or not to say their "hello" when player gets near. I have two types of NPCs in my location, one is supposed to always stand in one place (aaaDefaultStayAtEditorLocationSkipFallout) while second one is supposed to making patrols around the place. Those first ones never says their "hello" when player gets near, while this second one always says it in such situation. Now how to force those second ones to keep quiet? Does it have something to do with "Skip Fallout Behaviour"?

I wanted to make some vanilla NPC that never offered services to do it from now. I've set all needed AI things for him, changed his packages, but he still refuses to offer those damn services. I've even tried to add some little script that adds the scripted package of offering services and then immediately starts conversation, but that doesn't change anything. What I must do to make him offering services?

To specify, I wanted to change Haskill from Shivering Isles.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a creature that is supposed to be player's companion. For some mysterious reason, it sometimes gets involved into combat with NPCs that shouldn't be hostile against it (those NPCs are initiating the combat, from what I've seen). It happens mostly if the player has get involved into combat. This creature is only member of PlayerFaction and have aggression 6, confidence 100, energy level 50 and responsibility 0. His AI package uses "Defensive Combat" flag, does it have something to do with it?

• 4 weeks later...

Can I get an answer for my previous questions, please? If it's possible, of course. :unsure:

Anyway, I've got a new question. I have an NPC that should be sitting somewhere in the desired interior. Don't do anything than that, just go and sit on some randomly chosen chair from those available in the location. I've already learned that using "Use Item At" package with "Furniture" set in Object Type doesn't do anything, NPC just stands where I've put him. How to do this, then?

I'm not the only one around able to give answers :unsure:

1) Did you follow the NPC & AI class?, I'm betting you'll figure out where you went wrong there. I've never touched Haskill so I'm not sure of his setup, should be able to be changed though.

2) If the NPC is initiating combat with the creature then Defensive combat will cause them to fight, the reason the NPC is attacking them is because they are in the PlayerFaction, so when the player attacks the NPCs are attacking those in that faction.

3) Giving them a general wander AI package usually has the NPC sitting ect when they want to, you can give the seats references to higher the chance of them sitting down. Best thing to do is give them a UseItemPackage, they will find a place to sit if they're told to eat or read ect.

1) Did you follow the NPC & AI class?, I'm betting you'll figure out where you went wrong there. I've never touched Haskill so I'm not sure of his setup, should be able to be changed though.

I will check it, thank you. :)

2) If the NPC is initiating combat with the creature then Defensive combat will cause them to fight, the reason the NPC is attacking them is because they are in the PlayerFaction, so when the player attacks the NPCs are attacking those in that faction.

The thing is, this creature seems to be attacked by other follower (or does it attacks itself?) when this creature and NPC companion finish fighting with normal, randomly spawned enemy. I've also noticed something really strange - this creature seems to start combat when it gets near of an NPC with package of shooting the arrows (Use Item At, Weapons: Ranged) and this NPC accidentally hits the creature. From what I know, such accident doesn't provide any damage to the victim and is not even considered as a hostile action, so I can't understand why it possibly happens.

Is there any way to avoid such odd behaviour by changing AI packages?

3) Giving them a general wander AI package usually has the NPC sitting ect when they want to, you can give the seats references to higher the chance of them sitting down. Best thing to do is give them a UseItemPackage, they will find a place to sit if they're told to eat or read ect.

Well, I wanted to avoid using Wander package to prevent them from wandering around and especially chatting with others; I also wanted to avoid Use Item At package with Read or Eat, so they will just keep sitting on random chair without doing anything else. But oh well, it seems that I have no other choice. Thank you. :unsure:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've got to different AI issues from unrelated mods I'm working on.

Issue 1:

A merchant I created is supposed to unlock the doors to his store at 6:00 AM and lock them at 11:00 PM, but the doors stay locked all day. The flags checked on his Services package are:

Must Reach Location

Offer Services

Continue if PC Near

Unlock Doors When at Location

Lock Doors at Package End

This should force him to unlock the doors, but he won't. He does have the key and the doors are set to use it. He has a Sleep package and it is loaded before his Services package like it's supposed to be. Any ideas why this isn't working?

Issue 2:

I've a retextured version of the Frost Atronach that's supposed to act just like it, but cast some custom (non-scripted) spells instead. What I did:

Created a new .NIF that uses the new texture.

Selected the new .NIF in the Model tab of a Frost Atronach (and changed the EditorID to create a new entry).

Replaced the spells in the new Atronach's Spell List with the custom spells I created for it (they are Lesser Powers like other Atronach spells).

The problem is that the new Atronach will not cast the new spells in combat. Any ideas why?

Issue 1:

Couple of flags here that are un-needed and can also cause problems, I'd remove these two flags and see if that solves the problem:

Must Reach Location

Continue if PC Near

Continue if PC Near is mot likely the cause of the problems here XD

Issue 2:

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything, I'll think on it though.

Issue 1:

Couple of flags here that are un-needed and can also cause problems, I'd remove these two flags and see if that solves the problem:

Must Reach Location

Continue if PC Near

Okay, I'll remove those and see what happens.

[Continue if PC Near is most likely the cause of the problems here XD

If my character was in the store to begin with, I'd agree. Thing is, I load a clean save that has my character start in the IC Market and then travel to the new store (which is south-west of the IC). By the time I arrive, it is 2:37 PM in game but the store remains locked. :blink:

What are the new spells?

If the Atronach does not recgonize them as offensive spells then it will not use them.

They are Lesser Powers that do Fire, Frost & Shock damage simultaneously. They have Target and Touch versions.

What check boxes did you select on the spell, and other options like level and spell cost?

This was the problem: I had the "Auto Calculate" box checked, which put the spell cost and required skill level beyond what these guys were capable of casting. Changing the skill level to "Novice" and manually setting the spell cost of each to 15 solved the issue.

This was the problem: I had the "Auto Calculate" box checked, which put the spell cost and required skill level beyond what these guys were capable of casting. Changing the skill level to "Novice" and manually setting the spell cost of each to 15 solved the issue.

That is what I suspected.

Sorry IS, I only chimed in when you were unsure.