DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Riddle me this..... - no seriously i need riddles and clues

DaMage

Hi all, im back again and working on another dungeon to pass the time again, hopefuy as big or bigger then my last (which few have seen yet :lol: ) and Im after some riddles to guide the player on what to do.

At the moment Ive only got the first area (pretty amazing i made an entire cell with everything in 5 hours, i havent lost my touch) and to get to the second area you have to find a semi-hidden switch that pulls down a rock at the door to the next cell, on the other side of this one.

A riddle to give the player to help them find the switch. Now the switch is quite close to the entrance, it is hidden behind a tree root fromthe ceiling and nearby a dead orc which has a ghost floating over it. Any ideas for a riddle?

Next part I want a puzzle that once again involes solving a riddle. Instead this time you have to find the object that the riddle is refering to and put it in a container. Now the onject must be a vanilla item (like say a ruby, or even inkwell) so that there are plenty of them, but it doesnt stand out as an object that is meant to be put in.

Lastly (for the moment) I have a horror theme area with lots of suprises and whatnot. Im looking for suggestions on how to make it harder and scarier, so far I have:

- Rooms that have entrances that willrandomly appear and dissappear to confuse the player. They never change when the player is there.

- Enemies spawning a short way behind the player as tey move around the dungeon.

- Scary noise randomly playing

- Phantom lights and enemies (like a ghost that comes towards you and suddenly disappears) (NPCs in a well lit room, until you reach the door and suddenly they all dissapear and are replaced with bloodly corpses)

- Lighting changes (Red glow is a green glow the next time you return)

Cheers!  aa_biggrin.gif

PS: My experiences with Fallout 3 modding has improve my work tenfold, i can do so much more know then i ever could before. Properblyexplains why i could do a complete cell in a few hours work, except that i keep going and 'fixing' it now.

Alright,

For the second thing you requested (the putting of the item into a container) I have a nice little string of riddles for you.

wherever you want to put the first clue is up to you.

1. The man who invented me doesn't want me. The man who bought me doesn't need me. The man who needs me doesn't know me. What am I?

-answer is coffin-

so put the next clue in a coffin somewhere.

2. Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?

-answer is fire-

put the next clue in a fire of some sort.

3. I go up and down the stairs without moving. What am I?

-a carpet-

put the next clue on or under a carpet on some stairs.

4.  I run over fields and woods all day. Under the bed at night I sit not alone. My tongue hangs out, up and to the rear, awaiting to be filled in the morning. What am I?

-a shoe-

Put next clue under some shoes.

5. You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I?

-onion-

Put the next clue close to a hanging onion thingy, mabye behind it or something.

6. I am weightless, but you can see me. Put me in a bucket, and I'll make it lighter. What am I?

-a hole-

Make a hole in some object, or just layer the clue co it looks like a hole.

7. At night we come without being fetched, and by day we are lost without being stolen. What are we?

-dreams-

the next time the player sleeps, make some sort of quest update like "in your dreams, you found the next clue" or something like that.

8. My life can be measured in hours;

I serve by being devoured.

Thin, I am quick; fat, I am slow.

Wind is my foe.

What am I?

-a candle-

Put the next clue under or right next to a candle/candle holder/chandelier.

9.What's black and white and read all over?

-newspaper-

probably should use the black horse courier. when any article is read, make another quest update only to activate at this stage of the quest reading comething along the lines of "you found a note stapled to the back that you never noticed before.... how strange...."

10.You throw away my outside and cook my inside. Then you eat my outside and throw away my inside. What am I?

-an ear of corn-

make this the item to put into whatever container the quest says to.

give them one final note that should read as such:

I never was, am always to be,

No one ever saw me, nor ever will,

And yet I am the confidence of all

To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball.

I am tomorrow, so return here then,

A plenty reward I will have for you when.

You can use this to make them leave the room, and for items to spawn at _____ location.

Also, if you do actually decide to use this, please make it a good reward, as these riddles were not entirley easy.

As for the switch behind the tree....

I could give you another string of riddles, or you could split some of the riddles from up there into it, or you could just use this one.

I am mother and father, but never birth or nurse. I'm rarely still, but I never wander. What am I?

-the answer is tree, so make a few tree roots mabye? make it pretty clear I guess that that is a tree.

Also, you could use

I open opportunities,

and I am near to the beyond.

What hides me is the end that brings beginning.

(open opportunities refers to the switch opening the door, near to the beyond  refers to being close to the dead orc and a spirit. the "what hides me" thing refers to a root, which is the end of a tree, but it helps the tree grow, or bring a 'beginning' to new parts of the tree.)

EDIT: oh soeey bout that, didint see the third part.

Mabye for another added creepy factor, make a sort of "trap" like thing where you step or go through some sort of barrier and that could do something like open a hole and drop a corpse, or drop a corpse or zombie suspended from a rope.

Anyways, just P.M. me or respond if you have any questions or anything.

:lol:

Good luck buddy!

I think you kninda missed the idea about putting the item in the container, you get the ruiddle at the container, and the nyou have to search the dungeon for the item that you need, bring it back and put it in the container to proceed. The items needs to be something common that you can find in the orginal game (as to not stand out as the item you need).