DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Donnato`s Ranch Glitch

donnato

Hi all, I`ve got a problem with my ranch house. Every thing works well, the doors and all but I cannot activate any furniture, no cursor, no nuthin. I`ve been all over all the referances and all, I can`t see anything missing. Any ideas?   :pints:

:pints: Tell me about it. This my second serious attempt. First one went down under irreconcileable differences stemming from the basement door wanting to link to my 2nd floor balcony door...amusing I guess, But me and my delete button won the day. Maybe this one`ll survive long enough for me to post an actuall WIPz. Gotta get some shots in the daylight. It`s been night all week, heh heh. Hey, it`s got a fishin dock. Thanks again, WhoGuru. Oh by the way, there wasn`t much under Activators>Furniture, so I found another "furniture" button under WorldObjects, outside of Activators. That one had everything. Luckily I havent loaded up the whole house yet.

Rodger that. I always use "aa" or "aaa" and That particular house had a lot of doors. Do I have to join the basement to the interior in the same render window? I added the b-ment later on that one using a new dummy cell dupe. It wanted to work I just got totally frazzled by all the flipulation. Thank you all again. Outta time, gotta go but lotsa food for thought.    :pints:

You can have the basement in a separate cell. You just have to link the doors between your two cells. Hedley's idea of naming each door to make them easy to find is a good idea. I think though, that if you change the names of the doors, you'll need to give them new Form ID's as well to avoid a dirty edit to every door of that type in the game. I could be wrong on that. Experts please?   :pints:

Thanks again all. Hedleyc, am I to understand that I can select a cookie cutter underground in the object window, name it right there, and bypass the drag and drop process? Same for the doors,stairs, etc,? WhoGuru, I knew I shouldn`t have used that designator for my well grate. heh heh heh...oops. I see though that if I build for release, these are the things I`ll have to keep in mind. Thank you all again.  :pints:

Hedleyc, thank you, mostly confirmation of what I`ve been doing although I never was comfortable naming things in the  ov window. Like you say, in the render, click on the item. I dont mind drab and drop, I can see what I`m doing (usually) or not doing. As to dup.`ing the interiors, I always have. First because InsanitySorrow taught it that way, and also I figure I run less chance of messing up the scenery. Off I go.  :pints: