DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Elder Scrolls II : Daggerfall now available as free download

Cliffworms

Posted by GStaff on Bethblog :

Five years ago, to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of The Elder Scrolls, we released The Elder Scrolls: Arena as a free download. If you do the math, that means the series is now celebrating its 15th Anniversary. So despite saying we’d never do it, we’ve decided to release The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall as a FREE download too!

One thing to keep in mind — the game is over 10-years-old and we’re releasing it “as is.†In other words, we’re not providing customer support or technical support on the game at this point. That being said, I successfully started up the game running DOSBox and following QA superstar Mike Mazzuca’s detailed walkthrough for installing the game. Follow the directions and you should be in good shape.

Having heard many stories of how you guys wanted to get your hands on the game, we’re excited that many of you will get to experience Daggerfall for the first time. Head here to download the game. Enjoy!

What are you waiting for!? Grasp your hands on the Elder Scrolls that many veterans and new gamers alike claim to be the best Elder Scrolls in the series or even the best RPG on Earth!! :clap:

NOTE : If you have trouble downloading the file, try this mirror site :

http://www.filefront.com/14005983/The-Elder-Scrolls-Daggerfall-Full-Free-Game/

Here are couple of useful links for installing and playing Daggerfall :

Alternative Installation guide (If you have problems with Beth's method.

UESP Pages

Beginner's Guide to Daggerfall

Enthusiast's Daggerfall Guide

:clap: DLing Daggerfall now. Says it`ll take an hour, only loading at 43k`s? Whats up with that! Oh well, that`s what I get on a public wi-fi link I guess. I know it`ll be worth it. DOSbox wouldn`t load at the moment, so I`ll have to do some fishin for that. Long as they end up on the same side of my partition. Thanksabunch Cliffworms.

:woot:

LOL When it told me it would take five hours to download 145 megs, I opted to wait until later and try again. I had that similar issue trying to download the Construction Set from Beth's site several months ago. It wouldn't download the entire file and in the end, I had to go get another copy from the Nexus instead.  :cry:  So it's a recurring problem? That's not good.

I seem to always get the "cd rom is not inserted" when I try to start the game. I did follow the instructions exactly. Ah well, I will look into it some more tomorrow. I have the path correct and mounted to the correct folder. Perhaps I am just too tired.

I hope everybody else has had more luck than me.

I seem to always get the "cd rom is not inserted" when I try to start the game. I did follow the instructions exactly. Ah well, I will look into it some more tomorrow. I have the path correct and mounted to the correct folder. Perhaps I am just too tired.I hope everybody else has had more luck than me.

Taemos on the official forums has posted an alternative Daggerfall install guide here :

http://www.bethsoft....owtopic=1012957

About the cd rom not inserted, here are his instructions :

5.) Actually launching the game is where most people seem to get tripped up, so I'm going to offer an alternative solution. Instead of mounting the Daggerfall CD, we're going to change one character in the "z.cfg" file to point Daggerfall to its own directory. Go to the directory where Daggerfall is installed; assuming you followed this guide, that directory would be "C:dosgamesdagger"Double-click "z.cfg". If it asks you what program to open this file with, choose Notepad.Find where it says pathcd d:daggerarena2 and change it to pathcd c:daggerarena2This is a cheap but effective way of getting the game to run. DOSBox has come a long way but Daggerfall is a finicky game and CD emulation is still not perfect. This will not display movies. To get movie output, you'll have to copy the contents of the "dfcddaggerarena2" folder to the "c:dosgamesdaggerarena2" folder.6.) Start up DOSBox, type in
mount c c:dosgames -freesize 1000c:cd daggerfall z.cfg
...and you should be running Daggerfall.

Awsome, I think there`s a dust covered, desk top that only has a floppy slot, oh yeah, and a fried HDD. If I can match up the parts I could resurect it for the cause. Crazy what I`ll do to assuage my gaming passions. I`ve also collected Castlevania for a couple years.

:cry: