DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Trouble with body textures

RedDragonDreamer

Having Trouble with body textures, I have a snakeskin texture that I want to add to a existing texture for exems/ hgec and I want the scale texture effect to show on the skin. Trouble is, I get a all over white shine of yuck.

Is there someone who can elighten me on the correct settings for the GIMP and a tutorial on how to make normal maps for body and general retexturing of them please.

Sorry I would post in a different topic however there is no ask texturing questions topic here.

Thanxxx

I took the liberty of moving your post into a topic of its own. grond

Insanity Sorrow details making a basic Normal Map in GIMP in post #2 of this thread:

Give it a try and post back if you still need help! :pints:

Yeah I did that and it's still no snakeskin effect on the skin other than a blurry white glowly shine of doom and the genital areas losing their original colour etc. *trys not to go into tooooo much detail since this board is for under 18's as well*

I have been learning about texturing as well, and I find that while for general household object textures, GIMP works fine, my normal maps look much nicer when I make them with DDS Converter 2 Linky.

I used Insanity's excellent tut to teach me the basics of normal map generation, and it is invaluable. The only difference is that now, after creating the normal map in GIMP, I save it as a .tga file, then use DDS Converter 2 to turn it into a normal map.

I don't have a lot of experience with skin texturing, but generally, white=shiny, and the darker the grey, the more matte the finish. Maybe try a grainy filter setting as well, like Sobel 3x3? That was recommended to me by a texturer for another body mod, whose normals are highly realistic and non-shiny.

Good luck!