DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Ask Basic Texturing Questions

DarkRider

:salute: Okay, hi Rider, I`ve got a question. In Vince`s stool tut we are to use "metalrust.dds,and,metalrust_n.dds". I`ve searched through all my unpacked .bsa`s and no dice. Anyone have an idea where it might be? I can use an alternat of course but I`m trying to be as exact as I can my first time through. Thanks guys. aa_biggrin.gif

:rofl: Okay, hi Rider, I`ve got a question. In Vince`s stool tut we are to use "metalrust.dds,and,metalrust_n.dds". I`ve searched through all my unpacked .bsa`s and no dice. Anyone have an idea where it might be? I can use an alternat of course but I`m trying to be as exact as I can my first time through. Thanks guys. aa_biggrin.gif

Mine's in:

Oblivion\out\textures\clutter, from BSACommanders unpacking

and

Oblivion\Data\Textures\clutter IIRC I copied all the folders over to Data a year and a half ago.

If you can't find it in the Data folder, and you've used BSACommander to unpack, try looking in the 'out' folder. Hope you find it. :rofl:

Mine's in:

Oblivion\out\textures\clutter, from BSACommanders unpacking

and

Oblivion\Data\Textures\clutter IIRC I copied all the folders over to Data a year and a half ago.

If you can't find it in the Data folder, and you've used BSACommander to unpack, try looking in the 'out' folder. Hope you find it. :rofl:

Thanks Grond. It`s as you say, all .bsa`s unpacked with bsac, went to "out" as usual, checked all through the files including "clutter". The only diff is your IIRC reference. watisit? I`m going to go back and run through the .bsa`s again this time concentrating mostly on the clutter. :rofl:

edit: I don~t believe I missed it. It`s right there...in BARSETS?...unbelievable. Thanks so much.

BARSETS? - Oh! In Barsets, mine's MetalRustY.DDS - _01 through _06.

MetalRust.dds is outside of any subfolder hanging out in Textures\clutter with about fifty others from mods or vanilla.

I think that a long time ago, all my unpacked files began their lives within the 'out' folder. This was probably four years ago, so I can't remember - but I do remember going into the 'out' folder to find a mesh I needed that I couldn't find in Data. Just a oouple weeks ago I did just that thing, when I was retexing things for a mod.

That's the IIRC from my earlier post. Evidently I only did meshes, not all textures.

Try a Windows search if you can't find it! Narrow it to your data folder!

BARSETS? - Oh! In Barsets, mine's MetalRustY.DDS - _01 through _06.

MetalRust.dds is outside of any subfolder hanging out in Textures\clutter with about fifty others from mods or vanilla.

I think that a long time ago, all my unpacked files began their lives within the 'out' folder. This was probably four years ago, so I can't remember - but I do remember going into the 'out' folder to find a mesh I needed that I couldn't find in Data. Just a oouple weeks ago I did just that thing, when I was retexing things for a mod.

That's the IIRC from my earlier post. Evidently I only did meshes, not all textures.

Try a Windows search if you can't find it! Narrow it to your data folder!

Yup, barset folders where they all are. I haven`t moved very many out of the "out" file so that`s where they are natively. Anyhoo I`ve got them now and can continue getting Vince`s wooden stool into the game and get a screen for ya. Thanks again Grondo, wanna bb_Guiness.gif?

Yup, barset folders where they all are. I haven`t moved very many out of the "out" file so that`s where they are natively. Anyhoo I`ve got them now and can continue getting Vince`s wooden stool into the game and get a screen for ya. Thanks again Grondo, wanna bb_Guiness.gif ?

Thankee kindly!! bb_Guiness.gif

Hey guys :pints:

Ok, I'm looking for a free normal map generator since I'm now retexturing Manni something for his mod. I once downloaded the Crazy Bump trail but it expired, and I have Paint Shop Pro and I don't think the Photoshop plugin works on it, at least when I tried it.

I think there was a plugin for GIMP, but I had absolutely no idea how to install it cause the readme said something about creating something and blah blah blah, I had no idea what they were saying...

I also tried some program called XNormal or something but it sucked terribly...

Yeah I think that was where i found the normal map for GIMP, but they tell you to install the plugin without telling you how :pints:

Readme - To install, extract the normalmap.exe file to your GIMP plugins directory.

This directory is usually located at:

C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

Then extract the 3 dll files to your GIMP bin directory.

C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\bin

:smug::rofl::huh:

Readme - To install, extract the normalmap.exe file to your GIMP plugins directory.

C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

Then extract the 3 dll files to your GIMP bin directory.

C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\bin

:rofl::coffee::lol:

wow that sounds, completely different from what I read before... I guess I'll try it again :book:

Get the win32 binaries it's the .exe. That other stuff is the source code. For the coders!

And those instructions below the links are also for the coders. If you get the .exe it's a 'normal' run-of-the-mill download and install. See what I did there with normal? Gods, I crack myself up.

Did you look at Vince's Texturing 101 tutorial in this forum? He describes glow maps!

The most basic tutorial would be to just make a black texture the same size as your texture and add the glowing bits in whatever color you want it to glow in.

Oh I'll check that tutorial out!

And it's that simple? huh.gif

though the colour that actually emits is that colour combined with the nif emiting colour of that item (viewable under nimaterialproperty, in the shape/strip, in nifskope). I often make the glowmap just greyscale and then set the colour in nifskope... lets the same glowmap be used with multiple colours... saving space.

Pacific Morrowind

though the colour that actually emits is that colour combined with the nif emiting colour of that item (viewable under nimaterialproperty, in the shape/strip, in nifskope). I often make the glowmap just greyscale and then set the colour in nifskope... lets the same glowmap be used with multiple colours... saving space.

Pacific Morrowind

Thanks for that advice, but which color do I change? The ambient, diffuse, specular, or emissive?

What I'm talking about:

Help01.jpg

EDIT: Nvm, i found it. It was emmisive color :trophy: