DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Ask Basic Texturing Questions

DarkRider

That question is one really only you can answer, is the increased detail worth the extra memory load?, If you think the extra detail is worth it then I'd say keep them that size.

Edit: My PC is rather old and I'm always adding my textures in at 1024x1024 without any noticable impact on my game. To me the extra detail is always worth the extra size, maybe that's just me :rofl:

If those coffins use the same texture then such texture file is loaded into memory just once.

But if each coffin uses different texture file then all those files will be loaded into gfx card's memory.

I see ... and now that you explain it, it does seem obvious. No, there are only a few new textures, less than, say 20, an not all of them will appear in the same dungeon.

Thanks, Trollf! XD

That question is one really only you can answer, is the increased detail worth the extra memory load?, If you think the extra detail is worth it then I'd say keep them that size.

Edit: My PC is rather old and I'm always adding my textures in at 1024x1024 without any noticable impact on my game. To me the extra detail is always worth the extra size, maybe that's just me :rofl:

Well, that's good to know. My computer is above average - especially for a labtop - so larger textures usually don't have an effect, but I couldn't be sure.

Thanks ... :)

~ Dani ~ :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Did you add an NiAlphaProperty to your mesh?, Without it the transparency won't work.

Ouch, I didn't know that it's necessary for it. Thank you for info, now it works fine. :) Sorry that it wasn't actually a texture-related problem. :D

your textures have no mipmaps!!!

How's that possible? I always use "Generate mipmaps" option when saving them in GIMP. :blink:

How's that possible? I always use "Generate mipmaps" option when saving them in GIMP. :blink:

Double check that the option is selected.

Is there any good method to making realistic looking scratches on metal? My usual method just looks like a slightly blurry line.

Easiest method is to get yourself some scratch brushes and play with the opacity, bevel/emboss and layer blend mode (PS)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I´ve made quite a few simple retextures for FalloutNV which worked fine and this is what I do:

use Paint.net...make the texture of choice darker....save....open Nifscope and swap the texture...and in game it works fine!

Now heres the problem....in Oblivion this is not working...in Nifscope everything looks fine but in game it doesn´t show...its like the nif itself is missing!....anyone seeing the problem here?

• 1 year later...