DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello!

primemonky

Hey guys n' gals, I'm Prime Monky, just wanted to introduce myself to the community. Ive basically come here to find help with 3d modelling, its interested me for a while. I know how to make new models, just not how to rig them and import into the game i guess. Anyways i also hope to learn more about scripting here as well so i can make something better than a simple health regen mod!

Hey guys n' gals, I'm Prime Monky, just wanted to introduce myself to the community. Ive basically come here to find help with 3d modelling, its interested me for a while. I know how to make new models, just not how to rig them and import into the game i guess. Anyways i also hope to learn more about scripting here as well so i can make something better than a simple health regen mod!

Welcome the forum. Just go to the main forum page and scroll down to the class room threads. And if something confuses you just message someone. We have quite a few good modders here. So ask away. Whoguru is normally all ways on and shes all ways a good person to ask.

Heyyou is good with computer stuff. Darkrider does the forum stuff...greenwarden is a green teddy and Me....Me....well...I am just here I guess...

Welcome to TESA Prime Monkey! :pints: You'll have no problem getting help with modeling here. Post any questions you have in the Study Hall forum and our resident experts will do their best to get you on the right path!

Will do WhoGuru! and thank you everyone for the warm welcome, this goes for anyone who may greet me later as well!

Ah thank you Glaedr, now i have another! ya thats right, I've been hording the cookies.

@PacificMorrowind: ya I've heard rigging is hard. I wanted to start with just making a quick sword, wich i did, and i know exporting is supposed to be easy, only problem is all the tutorials i find seem to be for blender, and i have 3ds max and their seems to be no tutorials.

Ah thank you Glaedr, now i have another! ya thats right, I've been hording the cookies.

@PacificMorrowind: ya I've heard rigging is hard. I wanted to start with just making a quick sword, wich i did, and i know exporting is supposed to be easy, only problem is all the tutorials i find seem to be for blender, and i have 3ds max and their seems to be no tutorials.

I did turn this up on the CS Wiki, if it will be of any help to you, though you've likely already seen it. :pints:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/From_3dsmax_to_Oblivion_CS

Try this I wrote it a while ago, it is for gmax which is very similar to 3ds max (basically a free and stripped down version), I have been meaning to update all my tutorials since I have learned a massive amount since writing them. but it should give you the instructions you need.

Pacific Morrowind

I did turn this up on the CS Wiki, if it will be of any help to you, though you've likely already seen it. :pints:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/From_3dsmax_to_Oblivion_CS

aa_biggrin.gif Thanks! but alas i have seen it. I tried following it but max crashed when i tried to export if I remember correctly. I know i got this junky looking sword in game once, but i didn't do it right. when i exported it it was missing a lot of the data, like collision, so i copy and pasted the niTristrips data into another weapon and tested it in game. it worked, except for the fact that actors started falling through the floor... :lmao: . I think i may try again tho.

@ Mannimagnus: o yes i am! your suffering from a disillusionment of some sort.

@ RelicKylias: Ya me too! Actually i dont remember what its from, a band i think. I just remember thinking it looked cool, so i 'nabbed it.

edit:

Thanks very much PacificMorrowind, will check it out!!

I was just thinking about what a useless ability it would be for Prime Monky (I'm sure he'd grow quite bored with me)- but how you and maybe cbh could get some real use out of it. aa_biggrin.gif

Actually I think I would find it quite amusing! I did when i got it for Haskill, to bad he wont leave the isles.

Hey does this thing come with a manual Mannimagnus?

Actually I think I would find it quite amusing! I did when i got it for Haskill, to bad he wont leave the isles.

Hey does this thing come with a manual Mannimagnus?

The Summon Greenie spell must be used with great caution and great quantities of coffee. aa_tongue.gif You must have coffee to appease her on her arrival.