DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

A question about Custom Races

primemonky

Ok, what I need help on is not "how do i create a custom race" but how do i get people to recognize my race. I know it must be possible because in the Race Balancing Project Hidden Elves are identified as Wood Elves. Basically all i wanted to do was play as an orc with tattoos, so i coppied the Orc from RBP, and changed the facial texture, thats working fine and everything, now i just want to be recognized as an orc.

Thanks for the help in advance!

You mean when recognized in dialogue by surrounding NPCs as an orc?

If that's the case, you need to find the lines of dialogue that are Orc related. The have a condition on each line that is GetPCIsRace Orc == 1

You need to add a new condition to those lines that says GetPCIsRace YourCustomRace == 1 and check the OR check box. So then the lines will be delivered if the player is an Orc OR your custom Orc.

It's very simple, the tricky part will be tracking down the actual lines!

Another option, which I would have used if it had been available back then: OBSE has a "setracealias" function - something along the lines of "setracealias CustomOrc Orc", which then makes the CustomOrc appear to the game everywhere as Orc. Very, very, very nifty, and a lot easier to use than RBP's approach from the dark OBSEless ages :pints:.

anyways im guessing that i would have to make a quest to use that function? and use a DoOnce?

1. Create a quest, e.g. MYQUEST.

2. Create a script, put this into it:

scn MYSCRIPT

Begin GameMode

*SetRaceAliasThingy*

Stopquest MYQUEST

End

3. Put script to quest.

I don't know exactly how the RaceAliasthingy works (syntax, which race comes first), best check the CS wiki :pints:.

DarkRider: Well, it's true, isn't it¿

this is all i found on the wiki of setracealias. i can always just test it out, if its in the wrong order and i can just edit it and try again.

Edit:

thank you bg! i just tried the script and it works! the syntax for it is:

SetRaceAlias [CustomRace ID] [Vanilla Race]

just like you thought. tyvm.

Another option, which I would have used if it had been available back then: OBSE has a "setracealias" function - something along the lines of "setracealias CustomOrc Orc", which then makes the CustomOrc appear to the game everywhere as Orc. Very, very, very nifty, and a lot easier to use than RBP's approach from the dark OBSEless ages XD.

They've done that now? That's great news! I remember asking about it some time last year and I think it was a "maybe" back then but nobody was sure if it was really possible. Of course I've completely forgotten why I wanted it now, but it's nice to know it can be done. :)