DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Making an entrance

Fiore1300

Hello, Hola, as-salaamu 'alaykum, etc etc.

New guy here, name's Christopher...Fiore was an Italian swordsmaster who lived, yep, in the 1300s...Ohio is my plane of existence within the realm of reality. A 20-year old History Major. I like Soccer, writing, biking, spaghetti, and free-thinking individuals who fight the system and propaganda that are thrown at us every day. Benjamin Franklin and MLK are something like heroes to me. I generally consider myself a imaginative and thoughtful individual, slow to speak but quick to learn, hard working though procrastination prone, polite and kind to those I like and dislike, meek outwardly but passionately individualistic inwardly, and considered by some to be mildly insane and somewhat unorthradox. I also have the annoying habit of holding others to a higher degree of morality than I hold myself. I'm very compassionate but come across as pessimistic and heartless to some. I'm generally pretty crazy when I'm with friends, and quite willing to sacrifice my own time for others. I am repulsed by authority but attracted to leadership; which are two different things, mind you. And my endless quest in life is a search for true liberty and happiness and truth, and my goal is to make this world a better place.

Is that it? No, definitely not. You can't really describe yourself in words...you know? Asking me to describe myself in mere words is like an unjust imprisonment. There are incredibly deep parts of me that are even beyond my own aknowledging, let alone comprehensible. The above is really simply a fraction of who I am---or, more accurately, who I think I am. The fun part of this will be reading the above and then getting to know me. Its like reading a spoiler and then watching the movie, only to learn that the spoiler didn't reveal anything really important or lasting.

As far as Elder Scrolls goes...

I have many big ideas, most specifically quest ideas, for Oblivion. I have since began to learn modding, and though I'm still at an infant-like stage, I'm ready to begin kicking some serious butt. Some things you may or may not see from me in the future include:

-A giagantic quest dealing with such powerful themes such as life and death, war and peace, love and hate, and order and chaos in which character development and story will be the focus.

-A hunting overhaul mod that makes hunting more fun, more challenging, and more rewarding.

-A "ancient race" mod, including unique depictions of the Ayleid, Dwemer, and Kothringi races (as a side-development from my main quest idea).

-Perhaps a "Reborn" city mod of Bruma or something with quests.

I'll stay out of "new features", "home mods", "immersion enhancers", etc. There are a lot of those already. Quests, characters, and story are what I am interested in.

BTW, I'll be asking around for help as I learn the ropes. So, experienced modders, beware.

Keep your chin(s) up!

-Fiore1300

I come from a tiny township in North East Ohio, near Pennslyvania. But I spend most of my year at Toledo, where I go to school. Don't like living at home much. Hate being told what to do all the time. The country is nice though. Don't much like the city.

Thanks for the welcome!

well...okaay, but only because you asked.

Alot of it stems back to before it was born, my mom was one of those women in the 80's with the really heavy eyeshadow (looked like a raccoon)

Then later I picked up on raccoons and that I thought they were pretty cool looking, then (for some reason) I began the quest to find one of those hats made ouf of their fur/hats, but there hard to come by around here.

In Jr. High I made friends with someone obsessed with Turtles, it got really anoyying so I remarked how I though raccoons were better, to which he took offence, since then it's been a huge debate which would often take place in the hallways. (two people yelling whay one animal is better than the other in the halls?)

Then high school started and I started hanging out with a dark crowd (anime fans ;) )

During one of my High School's anime club meetings I met a girl and we started talking, then my turtle loving friend came along and the argument started again. I didn't know it but that girl was a furry, which I had no idea was at the time, that was an interesting conversation, but another story :P

Anyways she's been on a quest to turn me furry ever since, so I throw her a bone once in awhile and refer to myself as a raccoon, then it manifested itself on the internet and ever since...I've just been the raccoon :)

Welcome to the alliance, I'm the resident raccoon (long story) emoticon-animal-021.gif

and im the resident scalie. yoshi.gif

:smug:

enjoy your stay, and have a cookie. :rofl:

Alot of it stems back to before it was born, my mom was one of those women in the 80's with the really heavy eyeshadow (looked like a raccoon)

Then later I picked up on raccoons and that I thought they were pretty cool looking, then (for some reason) I began the quest to find one of those hats made ouf of their fur/hats, but there hard to come by around here.

In Jr. High I made friends with someone obsessed with Turtles, it got really anoyying so I remarked how I though raccoons were better, to which he took offence, since then it's been a huge debate which would often take place in the hallways. (two people yelling whay one animal is better than the other in the halls?)

Then high school started and I started hanging out with a dark crowd (anime fans :rofl: )

During one of my High School's anime club meetings I met a girl and we started talking, then my turtle loving friend came along and the argument started again. I didn't know it but that girl was a furry, which I had no idea was at the time, that was an interesting conversation, but another story :rofl:

Anyways she's been on a quest to turn me furry ever since, so I throw her a bone once in awhile and refer to myself as a raccoon, then it manifested itself on the internet and ever since...I've just been the raccoon :smug:

i want to here the story behind the conversation now... XD

and just out of curiosity, do you happen to have an account on the bethesda forums?

Yes Glaedr, I do. As well as one on the Nexus forums. Only been around for a month or so, since I just took up an interest in modding. I'd thought it would be good to get a foot in the door everywhere I could. Tried requesting a Sload mesh/texture on both, but to no avail.

Aw well, its just like anything else. If you want it done, do it yourself. :P

Yevic: Thanks for the story. Quite entertaining, although I would second Glaedr's request on hearing about that conversation with your furry friend. :rofl:

I actually have a friend who thought Furries were the demonspawn from hell (okay, overstatement) until he finally actually met someone who called themselves a Furry. Its great that he has become more tolerant, but I kinda miss hearing his crazed rants. :rofl:

Yevic: Thanks for the story. Quite entertaining, although I would second Glaedr's request on hearing about that conversation with your furry friend. :P

I actually have a friend who thought Furries were the demonspawn from hell (okay, overstatement) until he finally actually met someone who called themselves a Furry. Its great that he has become more tolerant, but I kinda miss hearing his crazed rants. :huh:

It was awkward enough having a girl explain this to me, don't make me relive it :rofl:

As for your friend, thats what I woul've thought if I hadn't met one before I found out, now I just think of it as an interesting personality trait. :rofl:

@congrats on getting your foot in the door, mesh requests aren't usually granted to newcomers but I'm sure you'll find that some of these smaller modding communities are better with it :huh:

Yes Glaedr, I do. As well as one on the Nexus forums. Only been around for a month or so, since I just took up an interest in modding. I'd thought it would be good to get a foot in the door everywhere I could. Tried requesting a Sload mesh/texture on both, but to no avail.

Aw well, its just like anything else. If you want it done, do it yourself. :P

Yevic: Thanks for the story. Quite entertaining, although I would second Glaedr's request on hearing about that conversation with your furry friend. :D

I actually have a friend who thought Furries were the demonspawn from hell (okay, overstatement) until he finally actually met someone who called themselves a Furry. Its great that he has become more tolerant, but I kinda miss hearing his crazed rants. :)

ah, then you may know me as Skal-Tel over there. :pints: