DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Doctor is in...

WhoGuru

I have a feeling the full line came from the heart, I bet he's sad to be leaving even though he wanted too. I must say I was kinda surprised at:

The new Doctor, I thought he was kinda funny. Though the way he was acting reminds me of Tennant so I bet he changes as the new series progresses.

Wow. I must be the only person who watched part one of End of Time and couldn't make sense out of half of what happened. I feel as though a large chunk of material between Waters of Mars and EoT is missing.

Well, he did tell Ood Sigma about a few adventures he had before coming to Planet Ood. He even said he'd gotten married. If you recall the 2-part episode Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead, the Doctor met his future wife there: Professor River Song. She talked about a LOT of adventures that she and the Doctor had. So yeah, there was a lot that happened between the two specials.

The evil time lords are dead once again, the masters origin is explained and more surprisingly

the master saves the time space continuum. And as to be expected the master is also once more no more, until he is reborn to fill in the plot line. The transition from one doctor to the next one was well done I think. He did get a lot done in the last few moments of his life saved one person and then another, gave away what one is to assume is the winning ticket in the next lottery and decides that he dos not want to go. As to the new doctor we will wait and see what they do with him. But the biggest question remains unanswered as of this moment,was WhoGuru able to pull herself out of her self imposed exile into the land of Dragon Age to watch it? biggrin.gif

But the biggest question remains unanswered as of this moment,was WhoGuru able to pull herself out of her self imposed exile into the land of Dragon Age to watch it? biggrin.gif

Oh you better believe it! :D Lord I started crying when Wilfred tapped four times on the glass. :lmao: The look on the Doctor's face was just wonderful. Yeah, I'm a sap. I cried. LOL Have to say one of the things that made my jaw drop was Micky and Martha! :rofl: When did that happen? Holy carp!

Have to say one of the things that made my jaw drop was Micky and Martha! :jellytime: When did that happen? Holy carp!

Well, we don't even know that it's happened yet (from our perspective). I mean, The Doctor has been known to travel in time on occasion :thumbup: , so this might be one or two (or more) years in the future. The Doctor seemed to be saying farewell to all of his more recent companions, and with his regeneration imminent, he really had to find them all with as few trips as possible. So it seems natural that he would travel to a point in time where as many of them as possible were together. And as for the new Doctor, I found this for any Who are interested:

Return of the weeping angels and River Song WOOT!

Oh yes, River Song! It'll be interesting to see her reaction to the new Doctor. It also seems that the new Doctor has replaced the phrase "Allons-y!" with "Jeronimo!" I don't really like that much, but I can get over it, since it helps to further distinguish the new Doctor.

Oh, and WhoGuru, you should really check out this site if you haven't already.

Oh god Vyper I'm a complete Doctor Who Wiki junkie. :P Though I know most of it already. :) Comes of watching this show since I was 5 or 6. LOL

I'm also not to fond of the Geronimo thing yet. Maybe it will grow on me? :D I actually didn't like Tennant much when he first took over. Took me most of his first season to warm up to him and it was the second where I really started to love him as the Doctor. So maybe this guy will grow on me as well. :rofl:

Oh god Vyper I'm a complete Doctor Who Wiki junkie. :yes: Though I know most of it already. :D Comes of watching this show since I was 5 or 6. LOL

Yeah, the first time I stumbled across that site I couldn't stop following links from article to article (to article). laugh.gif I was like a kid (with a sweet tooth) in a candy store. XD After looking through it for what seemed like fifteen minutes I looked at my clock to find that four hours had passed! Talk about a time warp!

I'm also not to fond of the Geronimo thing yet. Maybe it will grow on me? XD I actually didn't like Tennant much when he first took over. Took me most of his first season to warm up to him and it was the second where I really started to love him as the Doctor. So maybe this guy will grow on me as well. :D

Tom Baker was the first Doctor I got to see in action. Every Doctor since him (and what I've seen of those Who came before) has had to grow on me. It took me a while, but I finally decided to just give each Doctor a chance. I've always enjoyed episodes with multiple Doctors, and not just to better view the differences between them (although that's always a treat). I keep hoping they'll do that with the new series. How cool would it be to have a special with Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and Matt Smith?

Do not know if I could handle three or more doctors at the same time? But I agree with you about Tom Baker and do tend to measure all other against him. The newer Doctors are easier to take then the first couple from the B&W days, local station had them all from day one years ago. And the vid was great. XD

Do not know if I could handle three or more doctors at the same time?

You should really watch the "Five Doctors Special". It has the first five Doctors in it (although the first is played by Richard Hurndall, since Bill Hartnell was...no longer around XD ). There was another team up that followed: "The Two Doctors", with Collin Baker (6th Doctor) and Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor). The first Doctor team up was "The Three Doctors" With Bill Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and John Pertwee (the first three Doctors).

• 1 month later...

Great news! According to Sci-Fi Stream:

Good news for U.S. fans of "Doctor Who". Unlike in the past where we had to wait months until episodes aired in the states, BBC America has announced that the fifth season will premiere on Saturday, April 17th. That's just two weeks after the BBC premiere (April 3rd).

I can hardly wait!

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed David Tennent as the Doctor. I thought he was perfect. But I haven't seen many of the older episodes, so I don't have that perspective. It will be difficult to get used to a new guy. I just hope they continue to have well written stories and adequate acting.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished watching Matt Smith's first outing as The Doctor and it was great! Steven Moffat got things off to a great start. I'm looking forward to finding out where the "cracks in the universe" came from (although I have an idea). The new TARDIS interior looks great. The new Sonic Screwdriver looks a bit bigger than the old one, but still good. Can't wait to see more.

Just finished watching Matt's first espisode.

Must say, he fits enough that he will grow on me as the docter. Loved the doctor who montarge near the end of the episode :cookie4u:

New tardis....not a fan....looks a bit to much of 'bits and pieces' to rather, rather then the crazy futuristic that the old one was.

Green sonic screwdriver....interesting...though i was under the impression (from an old episode) that the doctor had travelled in time to get one of the last sonic screwdrivers before the factory was destroyed...hence the reason previously that he had to be very careful with it (as he couldnt go back and get another one for some reason).