DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Poetry Chat Thread

WhoGuru

Hey Who, really like the "I wait for you, my Sailor Love"

Do you read Dragonlance at all?

That'd go perfectly in one of their novels

Actually I don't! LOL One of the few series of books I've never picked up for some reason! :candle: Glad you like it! I amused myself one afternoon recording myself singing it which would have worked out better if I hadn't had Bronchitis at the time.

I told TLM earlier how much I loved that song he wrote, and I wanted to stop in here to congratulate Psyk on his marvelous nail biter of a poem. The vulnerability killed me, and you have no idea how much I identified both as my child-memory self, and now with self-imposed enforcements calling me out.

Where are these poems you are speaking of? I see no poetry :P

Heres an old favorite, from Sarah Teasdale

There Will Come Soft Rains

There will come soft rains and the smell of the ground,

And swallows circling with their shimmering sound;

And frogs in the pool singing at night,

And wild plum trees in tremulous white;

Robins will wear their feathery fire,

Whistling their whims on a low fence-wire;

And not one will know of the war, not one

Will care at last when it is done.

Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree,

If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself when she woke at dawn

Would scarcely know that we were gone.

EDIT

Oh! now I get it! :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, Who, your tavern tale poems are awesome! :) I love to read them, and I love that occasional humor you put in too biggrin.gif

And nice Manni, I loved A Wrinkle In Time. Such a good book, which is surprising since we had to read it for school; usually the required books seem like someone went through a library and picked out the worst books they could find :thumbup:

Anyways I put up a poem I randomly started writing today. Does anyone else get inspired like that, out of the blue and everything?

EDIT: Whoops, I guess that was a warp in time... still, a good poem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why can't I see the post with my poem? :cookie4u:

LOL there are two threads! One for the poems and this one for chatting about them. We figured this would be better so the poems didn't get lost in a sea of chat. ;)

here's the poetry thread:

That one's pinned at the top of the forum. :cookie4u:

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

So, I only just found the poetry thread a couple of weeks ago (after being here for nearly a year). I let a poem leak out for the first time in maybe two years this morning, and I am incredibly grateful to be able to share it here.

I also read all the others. A lot of great laughs there (Greenie! :lol: ), and a lot of art and cunning as well. I had no idea we had so many fine poets! :clap:

I noticed too that the thread is kind of slow these days. Maybe others have some poems floating around they want to post, to bring some life back to it? :)

Very nice indeed Khett, the rust does not show :thumbup: very mysterious and somewhat melancholy. I hear what you're saying about the erm... quiet nature of the thread at present, I would love to write something, but I don't really feel myself at the moment, and anything I write is likely to reflect that. Maybe though, and I hope someone else will get in here soon :pints:

Well, write something while not yourself, if you have the inclination at all! It might be fun to read later when you ARE yourself. You might uncover style you didn't know you had! I'm only half-kidding, too. You might find that when you're in an odd way, you allow yourself artistic liberties you otherwise wouldn't.