DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Poetry Chat Thread

WhoGuru

Well, the mood passed before I finished it, but there we are, I've posted a poem. You're right actually, it is odd to read it back now I'm feeling happier (it's been an odd weekend, I'm almost glad its nearly over), I can't decide if it's more abstract than usual or if it's just rambling and pouty :thumbup:

If hard was grass and soft was stone,

If white was blood and red was bone.

This is gorgeous - I love the inversion of the nouns and adjectives.

Maybe it's abstract AND rambling and pouty. But all of those are perfectly valid, and somewhat expected of poets anyway. :thumbup: Don't worry about being judged as a person based on your poetry, it contaminates the scene.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I must apologize for initially missing your recent entries, lilith. I connect very personally with your piece "Words", and also cannot help but admire the precision in your wording. Your big thoughts are crystal clear in small form, and somehow without any fussy language.

Jac, I love how you've layered the speaker's immediate perceptions so heavily over the one important thing in the piece. Very clever. And welcome to the poetry thread. :D

More, please! :yes:

Thank you, Khett. I wrote that after listening to the Tool song of the same name. As for more, I have about two dozen pieces as well as many haikus. Are you sure you want more? :P

I liked your piece as well, but it seemed unfinished? :question: I think you're writing about loss, but I'm not really sure. It's a good piece regardless. :good:

Awe, lilith! :hugs:

The thoughts are unfinished, but the piece isn't - at least, no more so than any other piece. Not trying to be overly clever, just literally stopped thinking at that point. :lmao:

I think anyone who has had a few breaks can relate to Falling Heart. It's very sweet, Jac. :)

Your second piece reminds me of some folks I know IRL. It is always a shame when love is wasted.

I have poems like that, Kett: I just stopped thinking about them and left them alone. :sleep: I'm getting the feeling that you've been in a...strange relationship based on your past two works. Though I can say from experience that some poets see things through rose colored glasses. :whistle:

The second piece was written for a fellow forum goer who was working on a mod and it was about two of her NPCs. I don't think she ever released the mod though. :unsure:

I think he needs some adventures, it seems he's into a life of nicking now. :lmao:

And since you tickled a funny bone, I've added my own lame attempt at a limerick. The title is twisted offbeat shouty humor about me and my two left feet with one snowshoe. :rofl:

• Upvote 1