DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Texturing: Loading Screens (PS)

InsanitySorrow

I've had some marginal success in GIMP

But the gradient doesn't work like it does in Photoshop, neither does the edge filter which makes it difficult to make the lovely dark brown pencil effect. :lmao:

Looks good so far, Hmm will have to mess with GIMP a little so see what it offers :D, You ever tried GIMP-SHOP?, I haven't yet but its a mixture of GIMP and PS.

Managed to crash it 3 steps in.Too wierd.:D

Haha, last build or two have been unstable, so thats no suprise XD

Looks good so far, Hmm will have to mess with GIMP a little so see what it offers :lmao:, You ever tried GIMP-SHOP?, I haven't yet but its a mixture of GIMP and PS.

Haha, last build or two have been unstable, so thats no suprise :D

No,I flattened ( I don`t know why ) before I desaturated. C-rash-ola

A couple questions for you...

How does the addition of Trollf's loading screens/add-on affect the directory structure (or does it?) If using that mod, do the new loading screens have to be enabled in the .esp in order to show up, or does Oblivion just randomize within the folders? (I'm asking because this is my second attempt at making screens--the first either crashed the game, or the images showed up black. I went through the numbers on your tutorial just to be sure, but I don't think the procedure you've outlined is anything different than I did before. :smug: But then again, at that time I was using a template I made from one of Trollf's screens...)

Does the size of the loading screen .dds have an effect on whether the game will load it or not? I notice most of the default screens are around 257, and mine are 513--but there are others in my menus/loading that are 513, so that should be okay? I really don't want to cut the color depth of the image if I don't have to.

And lastly, can you address how to make screens like Trollf's (in which the image frame is much larger) so my new screens will match the rest?

(Sorry for all the questions so early in the morning, I've had a lot of coffee!) :lmao:

<SNIP>

No worries:

1) This tutorial does not cover adding them into the CS, so you can place your new loading screens in any folder structure you like and then place them inside an existing ESP or a new one, its your choice :lmao:

2) Oblivion reads the Loading Screens folder path through the entry you make in the CS, it does not read any that are NOT in an ESP and in the loading screen section.

3) Image size does not effect how oblivion uses the Loading Screens, as long as they are saved as a DDS file with the correct compression they will work.

4) That would require a new tutorial :rofl:, Also Trollf provides a tutorial with his SDK pack :smug:

No worries:

1) This tutorial does not cover adding them into the CS, so you can place your new loading screens in any folder structure you like and then place them inside an existing ESP or a new one, its your choice :rofl:

2) Oblivion reads the Loading Screens folder path through the entry you make in the CS, it does not read any that are NOT in an ESP and in the loading screen section.

3) Image size does not effect how oblivion uses the Loading Screens, as long as they are saved as a DDS file with the correct compression they will work.

4) That would require a new tutorial :), Also Trollf provides a tutorial with his SDK pack :smug:

Okay--thanks! Guess I should go read/tackle that then :). Not that the screens I made yesterday aren't beautiful--they are. But I would like to make use of my *ahem* several *ahem* gigs of screenshots that show a wider panorama. :lmao:

Okay--thanks! Guess I should go read/tackle that then :lmao:. Not that the screens I made yesterday aren't beautiful--they are. But I would like to make use of my *ahem* several *ahem* gigs of screenshots that show a wider panorama. :smug:

Well I have had some experience with his SDK and its quite a good setup he gives, including an action file to help with the process, so it should be a good way to go :rofl:

And so, I finally did get them to show up ingame... :noway: the problem was that teensy little capital letter on 'menus' in the pathing. Oblivion is one strange and (sometimes not so) wonderful beast! Again, thanks for your help--I made my own background and used Trollf's framework ... fullcolor images ... and they look fantastic! :lmao:

Here are some that I snapped pix of while I was playing yesterday. I have several different types included in my esp (over 70 shots in all, I think): characters by race and by profession, gameplay action, story shots from various characters' lives, and a special group honoring my (currently) six champions--the latter are portraits done using your smaller-frame template (unfortunately the game decided not to cooperate and let me get a screenshot of any while I had Fraps up).

Oblivion2009-08-3000-05-15-71.png

Oblivion2009-08-3012-03-58-78.png

Oblivion2009-08-3004-23-09-17.png

Oblivion2009-08-2923-41-10-34.png

Oblivion2009-08-3004-45-14-93.png

Oblivion2009-08-3003-52-58-51.png

Many of the older images were taken with a different video setup and bloom lighting, so they do tend to be darker. I now use HDR and have a new video card and LCD monitor--makes the game pretty bright... I can go back and tweak either way if I run across one that really bugs me ... but so far I haven't found them too dark--full widescreen lightens them up considerably ingame--if anything, the newer screenshots are too bright, lol.