DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Friendly Greetings...

SickleYield

Check out the modeling class, you can post a guest lecture there. Be certain that you keep your lecture on the most basic of levels so that it's helpful to the largest group possible. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :thumbup:

Hm. Looks like basic UV mapping is already covered in one of the lessons. Is there something in particular we'd like to see? I just did a medium-level one targeted toward UV-mapping clothes that was useful to someone on the CI forum (it covers seams and pinning). I could take some pics and make a more formal version of that.

I'm thrilled to see you here, I personally think everything you post is USEFUL, I'm always going back to things you've said and taught, later when I'm ready or when it finally makes sense to me!

I had that David Whitefang staff and its UV could really use some re-doing but it may be awfully complicated.

It was a project he got a bit fed up with, but he relzed it as a modders resource. What do you think, pain in the behind?

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20954

I've been interested in your work on some custom animating but not sure if you want to get into that. I have my heart set on wings that fold down close to the body. :D May be a while before I can accomplish that.

And Dark Rider was hoping to make some regular mens custom armors, if I remember correctly, maybe we could give that a shot as a class, with your direction we might actually make something he'd like!

And you could relax and have a :thumbup: and see what moves you! :D

You could check out our stories in the tavern, or look around at some of the projects we've been working on.

I've been working on a housing project, I'm making a home for a paladin character. Everyone here is working on something it's a pretty nice place. :yes: I'm so happy you stopped in, I know you're busy, but it's a nice place to visit.

UV it is. :thumbup: Thank you for the kind words. I will start putting it together today.

As for that mesh, sorry, but no. A complicated hi-poly object like that needs to be planned with the UV in mind and mapped while it's being modeled, not modeled totally and mapped afterwards. Otherwise, what you get is an absolute mess. I have learned this from painful experience. :yes: Sculpt tools did not become my friends until I learned to bake normals (Blender does this all right, but Xnormal does it spectacularly).

Hi, Sickleyield. It's been a while since Top of the World. It's nice to see that you're still kicking around.

Although I plan to revise the current modeling sessions and add a new one, I don't plan to go deeper into UV mapping. So, you're welcome to post a more advanced UV mapping tutorial in the Modeling forum. Also, as you know, the Blender method of baking normals works, but is rather obtuse. So far, it's the only thing I've found where Modo is actually simpler and easier than Blender. If you wanted to do a write-up and tutorial on using Xnormal, that would be great.

Vince

Thanks, guys! And... ZOMG VINCE!!!! I didn't realize it was you! Great to see you. I've been pretty much sticking to my two favorite forums lately, not much Official or Nexus action. Looks like I may have to be a frequent visitor here. :)

Am working on the UV tutorial. Still have to take a bunch of screens. Will try and hack together a Blender-to-Xnormal workflow in the next couple of weeks, too.

Thanks, guys! And... ZOMG VINCE!!!! I didn't realize it was you! Great to see you. I've been pretty much sticking to my two favorite forums lately, not much Official or Nexus action. Looks like I may have to be a frequent visitor here. :oblivion:

Am working on the UV tutorial. Still have to take a bunch of screens. Will try and hack together a Blender-to-Xnormal workflow in the next couple of weeks, too.

OK THEN!

Welcome! How are you! Would you like a cookie?...Wait no cookie for you!

Welcome! :wave:

And here is a cookie :rofl: for you :D Our resident cookie stealer is away atm so it should be safe laugh.gif

Yoink!! :D Hi Sickleyield and welcome to the Alliance! I don't normally steal cookies, but I'm famished right now.

Ok - here's a fresh one for ye: :D

:wave:

Resident cookie stealer returned! Yoink! :cookie: Welcome to TESA SickleYield! :pints:

Modders of your caliber are always welcome and needed here! I'm sure you'll find a warm and friendly home with us...so long as you don't mind the odd bit of lunacy. Pops up around here like a freak storm front once in a while. :P

• 1 month later...