DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[LIST] Usefull Modding Tools

InsanitySorrow

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Look for "correct" model for use in your plugin is often time-consuming. NifPreview tool allows you to create previews of all or at least a majority of models in jpg format (creates trimmed screenshots). For its work needs Nifscope. It's a little slow at work, but in one night generated previews of almost all models of vanila Oblivion. Previews are in the same directories as models and have the same name as model NIF.

NifPreviev

• 1 month later...

here's a couple of links from me as I'm making some cleaning and delete various links from time to time, and such things may be useful for someone ;]

FotoSketcher

http://www.fotosketcher.com/

a little program whcih can easily make paintings-like pictures from vaious photos, can be useful for those who do not want to use any other more complex graphic editors like PS or GIMP...

ColorPic

http://www.iconico.com/colorpic/

small little app which can pick info about any color under cursor - very usefull if you spot some colours you like and want to "save" them for later for your future drawing projects...

Tree[d]

http://www.frecle.net/index.php?show=treed.about

very nice app which can generate 3D objects with various trees easily, and can export them to obj format, which can be imported to Blender

then we can add collision there and usually increase the size by 10 factor and such trees can be placed in game

I generated all trees for mysterious cave in my castle west weald this way...

• 1 month later...

IS here's another little beauty for the list ...

Reference the last bastion of BSA manipulation which Wrye Bash does not handle (Extracting and re-packing BSAs) - The only thing left a dedicated user of Wrye Bash would ever need OBMM for is now available in one nice little utility instead (and its portable, installation is just a case of extracting it and running from wherever you put it (with enough space for extracted BSAs ofc)).

I think if you havent seen it you will all be interested in BSAOpt

You can extract BSAs to the default 'out' folder (located in the folder you extract BSAOpt to), or you can paste the name of the BSA into the out path and it will re-pack the source BSA with the compression level you choose to the destination filename.

It retains filenames with leading spaces (for all you Pyffi fans, those meshes which dont work if the leading space of the filename is removed ... not a problem), and the optimization part of the name really is not BS, it has a new trick up its sleeve. I have repacked ALL of my Oblivion BSA's, with 0 (no) compression, and not one of them exceeds the 2gb limit :)

If you get any hash check errors with individual files from the source BSA then the utility you packed the source BSA with was at fault - There's a Skip Hash Check option which you can enable for a problem BSA which successfully copies the problem file across to your new BSA and then you have no further problems.

A note from the author ....

BTW if the producer of a BSA was BSA-Commander you can assume that any file which is not a DDS or a NIF has broken hashes. I analyzed the code of BSA-Commander and the hash-algorithm is AFAIS incomplete. In those cases you even have to use "Skip hash-check" and then consider BSAopt as a sanitizer. :^) Same for the header, BSA-Commander headers are half-right at best.

I found a couple of hash error files in BSAs which I had packed a while ago with OBMMex.

Ethatron has done a really good job of this, supports Skyrim too, read the comments while its no so big (no Bethsoft topic)

Windows XP not supported, only runs on Vista or 7.

The speed of this thing is stunning.

Sold ?

Edited by alt3rn1ty

• 9 years later...

I am liking the result of the OBVA Synth utility  I have heard so far.  Sounds very much like the voice actors.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/50697

"AI tool for high quality voice acting synthesis using in-game voices from video games"

I am hoping a good number of authors go back to their unvoiced mods and use this to update them to voiced.

Edited by LeftyScaevola