DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

I need help or advice for an Oblivion Mod

AlexPej79

Thanks and Duh again to me, I forgot. I made that long time ago. So I should put that in when I make teleport to the other spots? Assuming 0 is north and 180 is south.

I don't think the rotation was really necessary, unless the object was something special, and had to be facing a certain way. And yeah I think 0 is north, but it is Z rotation, soo... i don't think it rotates on a horizontal axis.

Since I thought it might be useful here is a snippet of code to make an object face the player:

Set rotPCx to Player.GetAngle x

Set rotPCy to Player.GetAngle y

if (rotPCx > 180)

set rotNewx to rotPCx - 180

else

set rotNewx to rotPCx + 180

endif

if (rotPCy > 180)

set rotNewy to rotPCy - 180

else

set rotNewy to rotPCy + 180

endif

Object.SetAngle x, rotNewx

Object.SetAngle y, rotNewy

rotPC and rotNew are floats. Object is the object reference you are rotating.

I'm not sure what the difference between the x and y axis are, so I did both of them :pints:, i think that will work, but I'm not completely sure.

@ critterman, thanks for helping me, but since I am clueless in scripting. I am confused by that script. When I made this script or it was given to me long time ago (don't remember).

scn Teleport_Script

Begin ScriptEffectStart

PositionWorld 65003.6758, 144509.093, 39218.5156, 176, Tamriel

End

When I added it to spell and cast it, it would teleport me to the door, I assume looking at the door, I have not tried in a while. What would happen if I didn't use the last number where would I be facing at? Once again critterman I am clueless in scripting, most of the one I made are examples from the game.

I think it would put you in a default position, kinda hard to tell since I don't knwo where the script teleports you too other than somewhere in Tamriel :pints:

PositionWorld 65003.6758, 144509.093, 39218.5156, 176, Tamriel

Is facing the door entrance to frost crag tower. You don't even have to move to enter. Thanks all again.