DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

A Few Pointers Please

darkstone

Confession time....I have never played Morrowind :) ,however I now have a vanilla install of Morrowind,Tribunal and Bloodmoon waiting to be played and I just need to ask a few questions which hopefully someone can answer as I know nothing about the mod scene for this game.At the moment I`m not after new quests etc but rather graphical improvements so here goes.

1.Is there a OBMM or Wrye Bash type mod manager for Morrowind ?

2.Is there any way I can change resolution to 1440 x 900 ?

3.I`ve browsed some topics on TESA about shaders,is there a standard shader setup or is it generally just try some and see what you like ?

4.I`ve been through Red`s list of mods and noticed the original post was made about a year ago,are these mods pretty much still the way to go ?

Thats about it at the moment,like I said at the moment I`m not after "super duper,heres another 20 different swords" mods,just eye candy to get the game looking nice.

I`m on 12 hour shifts at the moment so I may not be around much for the next 4 days but any hints and tips will be gratefully received.

1. Yes - Wrye Mash (it came first) but it has had some backwards porting of stuff from Bash (ie it has BAIN).

2& 3. I've never (gasp) used shaders other than vanilla - ie in MW that would be none and my graphics card can't handle that good of resolution with games sob. so dunno on those two.

4. Yes those are good but I would also really strongly suggest Tamriel Rebuilt, and the LGNPC (less generic NPC) project.

Pacific Morrowind

1) Apart from Mash that Pacific mentioned above there is alls Morrowind Mod Manager

2) I think MGE may be able to help you with the resolution, but I am not 100% sure

3) Shaders generally come down to your machines power and your personal preference, I don't know about all shaders but I know a few. Peachykeen knows a lot more than me about the shaders.

4) All those mods on WhoGuru's list are all good still, the way the community is now there is hardly any mods that go missing. If you look through the thread you will find some more eyecandy mods too :)

Darkstone, I am in the midst of modding MW for the first time as well, and Mash's installers feature is a real blessing for those large texture packs that are so popular. I am used to the drag up and down load order managing of OBMM, but catching on to load order management in Mash, slowly.

I also recommend the Morrowind Patch Project, and the Morrowind Code Patch- read about them in this thread. :)

Pass on what you learn so I can become educated too, please. :D

Thanks for the link Greenie.

I`ve not installed much at the moment,I`m still in the reading phase :D ,theres so many texture packs out there its going to take some sorting out which ones to use.This is the THREAD I`m digesting at the moment and this LINK shows some the favourite texture packs in comparison with each other.

All I have installed to date is:

Aleanne Clothes And Armour - Parts 1 & 2

Better Bodies

Better Looking Morrowind

Westlys Master Head Pack X

Mesh Improvements

Still a very long way to go.... :)

1.Is there a OBMM or Wrye Bash type mod manager for Morrowind ?

Wrye Mash (the original of that Bash thing) was made for Morrowind, but there is nothing like OBMM, at least no unified solution. There are a few managers.

2.Is there any way I can change resolution to 1440 x 900 ?

MGE will let you do that.

3.I`ve browsed some topics on TESA about shaders,is there a standard shader setup or is it generally just try some and see what you like ?

The most common set-ups at the moment use phal's sun shafts, either GIMP bloom or trueBloom, and knu's depth of field and SSAO. It's really a matter of testing what you want, what you like, and tweaking them to make the game feel good. Most often, shaders won't do quite what you want to start with, but it you tweak them slightly, you'll get a much better effect.

And I'll agree with Who on Visual Pack. IMO it's by far the best texture replacer (I use VP Complete).

Thanks for all the tips,I have MGE installed and got my resolution changed with no problems,also generated distant land and got Valitys animated grass working.Downloaded and installed the visual pack mentioned and a few other bits and pieces so all in all this little project is coming along nicely.The next thing to tackle is trees and foliage. :unsure:

Screens of what I`ve managed so far are in my album.