DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Guest Workshop: Using Modders Resources - By: InsanitySorrow

InsanitySorrow

Hmm scripted externals, you mean in the same fashion as the one we ran into?. I can do that, will need some extra time than usual because scripts need explaining to :lmao:

As I can well imagine, after the trouble I`ve had getting the weapons installed and reading the scripts. I know the process is very straightforward but without the insight as to how and why, it seems very confuselating indeed.No worries on the time IS, I`ve got plenty to keep me busy.

• 2 months later...

Could someone enlighten me here please as I think I may be doing something wrong. :pints:

I`ve been trying to use some resources this afternoon but theres one aspect I just cant get my head around.I can get the resource to show fully textured in the CS and ingame but how do I package it in my mod structure when its finished ?

Here`s what I`ve been doing:-

1.Create a mesh folder,Oblivion>Data>Meshes>Stoneysmod..then drop the nif I want to use in that folder

2.Open the .nif in NifSkope,expand the trees and note what textures are needed

3.Copy the texture files to a created folder,Oblivion>Textures>Stoneysmod,making sure to copy .dds file and _n.dds files

4.In NifSkope right click the textures and browse to Oblivion>Textures>Stoneysmod and select the .dds file

5.Save the nif with the new texture paths

6.Open the CS,create a new object and point it to the nif in Oblivion>Data>Meshes>Stoneysmod

This all works great and I can see the textured object in the CS and ingame.Now this is the bit I cant get my head around,the texture path in NifSkope will read something like F>Games>Oblivion>Data>Textures>Stoneysmod>something .dds,I understand I have to put my created mesh and texture folders into the mod package for download but the first part of the path (F>Games>Oblivion)will not exist on a downloaders machine.

How do I set the path so someone downloading my mod will not have any issues and the nif points to the right location for the texture files ?

If no one can make sense of all that I`ll try to explain it clearer with screenshots if needed.Hopefully I`m just doing something wrong. XD

• 2 months later...

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right. Let's take, for example, DarkRider's Celtic Decor resource pack (which I just LOVE). If I want to add them all into my CS, I have to 1) copy the meshes and textures folders into my Oblivion\Data folder, then 2) create a "new" clutter item and rename each and every one of those nif's? (all 34!)

• 7 months later...

i have a question.....im starting new at this.i put the heron blade in my house tutorial type coc and go there,i pick it up and equip but in the <tab>menu theres no image in hand,and when i exit menu its on my char back but when i try to draw it my char goes into a stutter mode and doesnt draw.i followed your instructions didnt make it uber powerful or nothing did i miss something?should i put it inthe game world itself?is there textures or script missing?or should the .esp be in the folder as well.thanx for the help

i have a question.....im starting new at this.i put the heron blade in my house tutorial type coc and go there,i pick it up and equip but in the <tab>menu theres no image in hand,and when i exit menu its on my char back but when i try to draw it my char goes into a stutter mode and doesnt draw.i followed your instructions didnt make it uber powerful or nothing did i miss something?should i put it inthe game world itself?is there textures or script missing?or should the .esp be in the folder as well.thanx for the help

There's no image in the menu because you need to add an icon for it. :rofl: The sword resource should have come with one. Look in the sword's original folders for Textures/menus/icons

As for the stutter issue, you'll need IS for that. :no:

IIRC the Heron Sword is a One-Handed weapon and the placement on the back means you have it setup as a Two-Handed weapon, you'll need to adjust that :rofl:

Oblivion can have problems with this mix up at times, not sure if it's causing your stutter issue though, you'll need to post a bit more information on your setup :no:

Stutter issue sounds like you took a one handed weapon and added it in the CS as a two handed. Choosing Two-Handed doesn't make a one handed weapon two handed. The rigging on the model is different for one hand or two. Check that that's not the issue here :no:

[EDIT] Aced by IS :rofl:

• 1 year later...