DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

WAC Overhaul

Ailsa

The alpha has been available for quite a while. It's as stable as a modded Oblivion game can be (in other words: no guarantees!). The Gladiator and horses addons are also very nice.

The models and textures are simply mindblowing. But there's still a lot of work ahead in the balancing and bug hunting department. All in all I'd say it's worth the effort to download and install it, if only to stare at the wonderfull creatures, weapons and outfits!

WAC is in open beta, and I haven't done really anything yet with playing it... haven't been playing much lately been mainly modding. However from what I've heard- a fair bit more than most people - it is fairly stable but not yet fully 'balanced'. and in terms of content just look at the weight of that file and realized there isn't really any waste files there.

However do note that it does have some erm R-rated creatures of the daedric variety... Once it is in second beta or so, I'm going to be making myself an optional plugin to remove them from the world and see if Waalx will include that.

Pacific Morrowind

This is where it is available from: My link it also looks fairly complex to install :clap:

I find so many sites rather daunting because the experts assume us mere players should know and understand a lot more than we do :dizzy:

WAC is not any more complex than the average mod. Mods like FCOM can be concidered complex, but for WAC you just drop the BSA's, the esm and the esp's you want to use in your data folder. The only thing needed to do is to actvate it the plugins. It really isn't that difficult, just try it.

if you want to use it with MMM/FCOM (while waiting for the plugin designed for that... which will be a while)it is only moderately more complex; you just have to decide which you want to override when there are non-bashable conflicts and put that one later and then rebuild(or create!) your bashed patch including leveled lists.

Pacific Morrowind

Phewww! My brain is feeling overloaded with information. I have just spent the last couple of hours reading through the site. Very informative indeed. I am looking forwards to adding this. However there is one question I did not find an answer to.

I have had to have my pc re-built due to registry issues and have done a complete re-install of everything, and from playing Oblivion completely without mods I now wish to use quite a few (and even play a male character!).

I have added Midas Magic to the mods I am playing and would like to know if WAC will play nicely with it. I have not been able to find an answer on any of the 6 sites I have read today, and I have been advised that this is one of the very best places to get a sensible answer :dizzy:smile.gif

I have since found out that a couple of the team use Midas Magic with WAC so I am going to give it a go. Thanks

Phewww! My brain is feeling overloaded with information. I have just spent the last couple of hours reading through the site. Very informative indeed. I am looking forwards to adding this. However there is one question I did not find an answer to.

I have had to have my pc re-built due to registry issues and have done a complete re-install of everything, and from playing Oblivion completely without mods I now wish to use quite a few (and even play a male character!).

I have added Midas Magic to the mods I am playing and would like to know if WAC will play nicely with it. I have not been able to find an answer on any of the 6 sites I have read today, and I have been advised that this is one of the very best places to get a sensible answer :coffee:smile.gif

I have since found out that a couple of the team use Midas Magic with WAC so I am going to give it a go. Thanks

There are some general rules if you wonder about compatabilty between mods. Most of the time it's obvious, sometimes it's not. In this case it's fairly simple: Midas adds brand new spells outside the normal way to acquire them in the vanilla game and places a building in the Arcane university. WAC adds new creatures/weapons/armor and some locations directly to the vanilla game. These two mods change very different aspects of the game, so it's allmost 100% save to assume they are compatible. It all seems very complicated, but once you have a better insight on what mods do in general, you will learn to spot potential problems between mods quickly.

Read BG's thread about compatabilty at the BGS forums for some very good information: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=775917

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...