DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Corrupt Disk

Yevic

So...I have a corurpt disk, and its having fun annoying the hell out of me dry.gif

Things I've learned so far

*My computer defrags itself automatically

*It's my C drive

*My system restore.exe is corrupted

*I get pop ups from my toolbar saying that my yahoo messenger and MSN.exe's are corrupted

*running Chkdsk in the command box just makes command box disapear :rofl:

Help? :rofl:

click on the window symbol at the bottom left of your screen. click help and support. in the search field type chkdsk. you should get on response click on it. Read and follow the directions. I am on a vista machine also. One thing before you start you will need to be logged in as admin.

we will try the copy and past methoid then. The link to open your computer will not work so you will have to click the compuer icon on your windows screen.

Check your hard disk for errors

You can help solve some computer problems and improve the performance of your computer by making sure that your hard disk has no errors.

Click to open Computer.

Right-click the hard disk drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.

Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will simply report problems but not fix them.

To perform a thorough disk check, select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. This scan attempts to find and repair physical errors on the hard disk itself, and it can take much longer to complete.

To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

Click Start.

Depending upon the size of your hard disk, this may take several minutes. For best results, don't user your computer for any other tasks while it's checking for errors.

Note

If you select Automatically fix file system errors for a disk that is in use (for example, the partition that contains Windows), you'll be prompted you to reschedule the disk check for the next time you restart your computer.

• 2 weeks later...