DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Adding sounds to a WIPz

donnato

Its not a big thing, but the 'else' is not needed since you are always doing the 'Activate'. So, it can just be called one time at the end of the script.

Its just 'cleaner' code.

And the doOnce only needs to be set once, not every time the door is activated.

Indeed you are correct, though it was only sample code to get Don started so I did not "clean" it up :D, I think I should get into the habbit of doing that for sample code :thumbup:

If the script is not working, they you do not have the script attached to the door you are activating. Or, you are using a dirty save game.

Did you make a new door object with this script attached? And did you place your new door where you are testing it?

Ok, there`s still no change. To attach the script I double clicked on the actual exterior entry door,hit Edit Base and entered the script in the script box.Testing in game there`s no f/x on entry OR exit so It`s not attaching to the interior door either. I`m sure to save after any changes,there`s no sign of anything amiss.

No I didn`t place a new door because when I changed the base ID it asked if I wanted to make this door a new door and I hit yes and all went well. I deactivated the native open/close sounds and still no f/x sound.I reset everything to the way I had it,saved, and came back here.I`m out of ideas at this point.Thank you for the help.

You need to zip your .esp, then write a new PM from your inbox, at the bottom of the form is a slot that says browse, browse to your zipped .esp then click Attach File. Wait for the green checkmark to show it's attached and send the PM as normal.

Never zipped a file before, I`ll have to read through winrar to see where the buttons are.Thank you, this`ll come in super handy, just something I haven`t got around to till now.

Ok I`m now working on getting a trigger zoe to play a sound file. What`s happening is that it plays but wont stop. I`m using CGTrigZone01(0100ACF6).Here`s the script I started with:

scn aatest CGTrigZone01

short DoOnce

Begin onTrigger player

if DoOnce == 0

PlaySound AMBBloatedFloatintLP

endif

end

Then I added the, Set DoOnce to 1, between the endif,and the end. then I used the whole trigger script as written in a previous post. still plays nonstop.