DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: General Questions

DarkRider

Not trivial anytime it's hanging you up so don't be afraid to ask :smug: Use similar textures at 30% opacity to blend borders between to primary textures.

As for water nodes, they go on the surface below the water, unless (in my experience) you are directing them over VERY deep water as they seem to lose track of pathnodes that are too far below them to track properly. NPCs detect water and will go around if they have no designed means to cross, swim, or waterbreathe, or waterwalk depending on their design. The will try to survive at all costs. :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Hello, I just finished the first lesson and started on the second. The first time I teleported to my mod in oblivion using the console, I ended up in the middle of the room. Now after working on the second lesson and adding path nodes to it, i keep spawning in between the wall and bed, making it impossible for me to move. Is there any way to control where I spawn with out linking my house with a door some where else in the game?

Great tutorial by the way!

Hi there, glad you are enjoying your lessons. :wave:

Player's landings using coc are somewhat unpredictable, you can try temporarily placing an XMarker (found under statics) in the center of the room and see if that catches you as you teleport in, and then just delete it later once you've added the door. Even then, no guarantee. If you coc in and are stuck, using tcl to toggle collision off will allow you to unstick yourself. :good:

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Ok, I have a question. After lesson 1, I selected the entire house and turned it with the mouse wheel to look at the back of the house interior. But when I selected edit interior, it was no longer at 0,0,0. When I set it back, the furniture wouldn't move with it and got left behind. How do I move it all back to match the interior so it can be at 0,0,0?

• 8 months later...

Hello!

I'm beginning this course; long overdue! :D

I read the introduction and didn't find the answers I'm looking for:

1. how do we hide objects in the render window? (in the CK for Skyrim we select the object and press 1)
  2. how do we remove the ground in the preview window?

Also, the changing that have occurred here seem to have screwed the text. Here is what it looks like in my Firefox:

Capture.PNG.e24526d7e702ac30d11fe889a605

See ya! :D

9 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

I read the introduction and didn't find the answers I'm looking for:

1. how do we hide objects in the render window? (in the CK for Skyrim we select the object and press 1)
  2. how do we remove the ground in the preview window?

1. I don't think there's a way to hide specific objects in the render window, not even with the CSE. That said, there's a way to disable object rendering in its entirety (useful for landscaping) with the shortcut Shift-C. Here's a link to where I learned that: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=Terrain_Texturing

2. I don't understand this one.

Note: if I'm mistaken and there's actually a way to disable specific objects in the render window, please, please share your knowledge with us. I'll sure be grateful!

1 hour ago, Tamira said:

Look in the unpacked meshes BSA for the editorlandplane.nif (meshes/editorlandplane.nif), copy it to your data folder and remove the NiTriStrips. The plane is gone.

A bit drastic but efficient! Thank you! :D

Edit: all right, the closest way I've found to hide an object in the render window is to select the object and... press 1, not the numpad 1 but the keyboard one. It makes the object look like a wireframe. Pressing 1 again, or pressing F5 to reload the render window, makes the object reappear. I guess it's better than nothing. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello Friends.

First comment so far and i have a few questions if anybody is willing to help me out.

First question, can anybody help me set the Camera Controls SPEED that you move with the ARROWS, for me it skips big chunks of land, it's going too much in a direction, i know that i can adjust the speed for the Mouse Middle Button (working with SPACEBAR it takes too much time), but the Mouse Middle Button is almost dead from all the moving around.

The second question, how to set a custom height like for example an exact 1000 units, i didn't find anywhere to edit this, it just gives you the option to raise the terrain, but it raises it at an unknown size. (Adding different objects to the height of let's say 1000 gives different heights toward that land with flat terrain none the less)

And the last question, why can't i paint the land, cause at some point it simply stops the paint in a straight line, like in a square. (have read somewhere that the maximum of 9 textures is allowed per quad/cell something like that, but i only have the default texture called NONE)

All this i need for TES Construction Set Oblivion.

(Posted this on tesnexus, but didn't get any answer for a few days already)