DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CS Basics: General Questions

DarkRider

It looks to me like you are looking at the objects that are the contents of a mod (ZUAmberMaddnessOverhaul), not the game itself. And as such, you would have to ask the person who made the mod why they named it as such.

There are no 'SE30LLMadnessZUShortsword' objects in my game. Certainly not in the 'Armor' section. But there are a few SE30* objects in the leveled list section.

That is what I am seeing with the information you provided.

Oh, and if a word is too long, it will not save it. And for display, you see the '...' at the end. I suspect it may be an issue with foreign character sets if nothing else I said above is true.

It looks to me like you are looking at the objects that are the contents of a mod (ZUAmberMaddnessOverhaul), not the game itself. And as such, you would have to ask the person who made the mod why they named it as such.

Umm. I've made that mod. :2cents:

But anyway, those objects with tilde in their names are present in vanilla, my objects have nothing to do with it (I've just made the screenshot with my mod loaded). Shortly saying, I just wonder if the tilde forces the word in object's name to break into two lines in inventory, in the way like here, for example:

The embodi-

ment of sth

I'm asking because I've never seen the tilde in object's name in-game, while in CS it is clearly present.

Yes. A bunch of them was on the screen from my previous post ("Cursed Viper~Bane Cuirass" for example, with ID SEEnchEbonyCuirassResistPoison - this one is from SI, but there are also ones from stock OB). Plus, all of them can be found by Find option and typing "~".

• 2 weeks later...

I finished lesson #1. But the screenies came out really dark! When I was in my house, everything looked fine.

On the section about the Interior Data Tab, there's a suggestion: If you like to use companions, don’t set the Owner as Player, instead, set the Owner Faction as Player Faction so your companions can live with you! I could not set Owner Faction. It's not selectable. Any ideas?

Also, when I'm exiting the CS, I get warnings: "Modelloader still has 6 nif files, continue playing?"

Enclave Etiquette

• Do not instruct students in a classroom if you are not the assigned scholar. While it is tempting to help someone in need, resist. Scholars do not appreciate having inexperienced students confused by second opinions, no matter how well intentioned.

• Do not post in a classroom thread if you are not participating as student or professor. It clutters the thread and derails clear teaching.

Folks, please respect that this is my classroom and people who post here are generally students seeking my instruction, this courtesy rule is clearly posted in the Enclave Etiquette for the school, thank you. :D

===============================

Hi Speedy,

For screenies of the CS, make sure you toggle the A key to turn the worklight on, that should brighten your screenshots until you add lighting, which is covered more in later lessons. Make sure you set the owner as NONE so you can select a faction owner instead. The message "Model loader still has 6 nif files, continue playing?" is just informative, it doesn't mean anything is wrong, just click Yes to All when it pops up, that's normal process of the CS. :)

Nvm...I found it. :lmao:

Question about lesson #2: Part I: Cluttering an Interior

Loaded OB, Tutorial _House (active).

Opened Object window: I see Actors, Items, Magic, Miscellaneous, WorldObjects.

Under Miscellaneous: I see AnimObject, CombatStyle, EffectShader, LandTexture, LoadScreen, Sound, SubSpace and WaterType.

I don't see these:

* Ammo: contains all the various arrows that can be placed for collection by players

* Apparatus: contains all alchemy equipment that can be placed on alchemist tables etc

* Armor: contains all the various armors for the game

* Book: contains all books, notes, and scrolls

* Clothing: contains all clothing, including enchanted pieces

* Ingredient: contains all plant ingredients, not plants, but the bits of plants players can harvest

* Key: contains all keys for the game

* Leveled Item: contains leveled items, these items cannot be placed in the render window

* Misc Item: contains all havocked items like dishes, tools, and miscellaneous clutter like crystal balls

* Sigil Stone: contains the sigil stones used as Oblivion keys

* Soul Gem: contains all soul gems, filled and not, including black soul gems

* Weapon: contains all blade, blunt, staff and bow weapons

Where did I go wrong? :)

Edited by speedyg869

Nvm, I get it.

In lesson #3: Part II: Claiming and Developing an Exterior Cell, You say:

Once the rocks are cleared and the platform is ready, go to Static and drag/drop FarmHouse02 into the cell and place it on the platform.

Why aren't we putting our aaRRTutorialHouse on that platform?

Edited by speedyg869

Nope, grass doesn't render in the CS. You can examine the textures in a particular cell and see if they are grass versions. To eliminate grass you'll have to go in game and make mental notes about where the grass is and paint over it with a no grass version with 100% Opacity. :D

Nope, grass doesn't render in the CS.

Meh, it makes texturing the terrain in closed places a bit problematic... oh well. Thank you for answer. :)

I have another question: how to check numeric ID of base object? On UESP Wiki they've shown all numeric IDs of base weapons, and I would like to know how to check them.

Finishing up Lesson 4. After I made the changes in TES4Gecko and saved, there were 2 REFs still yellow:

WRLD Record: Tamriel

CELL Record: (00023777)

Is this correct? XD

OK. So the WRLD Record (Parent), reflects the change to the CELL Record (Child) which contains my aaaTutHouse.

Also, I noticed some deleted records (child) in the cell I modified. Would it be better (cleaner) to mark them as [ignore]?

Having a problem making a Screenshot of the interior lighting because my console switch uses the same key. Works OK in CS. Maybe I can remap it in-game. I will post SSs of the new exterior paths later today if I have time.

Not sure how you would have gotten deleted child refs, but you can make a copy of your .esp, ignore them, save and then test in game to see if everything is still where you intended it to be. XD

Maybe when I was deleting paths (Orange) under water. The house was kind of close to a cell boundary. Here's a view from TES4Gecko. Got to run... Edited by speedyg869

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, using your mouse you can click trace a selection rectangle around a group of modes to move them as one. You can also hold ctrl and select multiple nodes. The number of nodes you can move at once is dependent on the strength of your computer. You should save before and after moving pathing groups in case the CS crashes on you. :)

Yes, using your mouse you can click trace a selection rectangle around a group of modes to move them as one. You can also hold ctrl and select multiple nodes. The number of nodes you can move at once is dependent on the strength of your computer. You should save before and after moving pathing groups in case the CS crashes on you. XD

Thanks for that tip.

In case I didn't mention this earlier, I'm playing with Bond's great Firebird mod. While looking back at your CSBasics tutorial, I remembered about renaming the cell (Wilderness [2,10]) to make it easier to locate. I also noted the B key to show the cell boundaries. In doing so, I see the mod is placed quite close to a cell boundary. In addition, I want to expand the dock in the direction of the boundary. Part of the existing pathing already crosses this boundary. Should this be a concern? :) Would it be safer to move it away from this boundary before I make major modifications? :)

It's fine to cross boundaries, you just rename that cell too if it's called Wilderness, if it's already named, make a note of it in your notes so you know not to clean changes made to that cell.

There is a bigger concern in the area you are building near. See the blue frame around the waterfront Isle? This is called a subspace. You can't run a dock from inside the subspace where to the shore is to outside the subspace where your boat is. The reason is that a subspace creates a new space inside a space. So as far as NPCs inside the subspace are concerned, there is no way on or off that island except through the door to the IC, not even if you put pathing there. An NPC would try to use the door to the IC and come around to where your boat is instead of just walking what is the obvious path to you. To avoid issues, try not to cross subspace lines. :)

It's fine to cross boundaries, you just rename that cell too if it's called Wilderness, if it's already named, make a note of it in your notes so you know not to clean changes made to that cell.

There is a bigger concern in the area you are building near. See the blue frame around the waterfront Isle? This is called a subspace. You can't run a dock from inside the subspace where to the shore is to outside the subspace where your boat is. The reason is that a subspace creates a new space inside a space. So as far as NPCs inside the subspace are concerned, there is no way on or off that island except through the door to the IC, not even if you put pathing there. An NPC would try to use the door to the IC and come around to where your boat is instead of just walking what is the obvious path to you. To avoid issues, try not to cross subspace lines. :)

Wow, thanks for pointing that out! :) :) I wondered what that was... XD