DarkRider

CS Basics: General Questions

193 posts in this topic

Not trivial anytime it's hanging you up so don't be afraid to ask :smug: Use similar textures at 30% opacity to blend borders between to primary textures.

As for water nodes, they go on the surface below the water, unless (in my experience) you are directing them over VERY deep water as they seem to lose track of pathnodes that are too far below them to track properly. NPCs detect water and will go around if they have no designed means to cross, swim, or waterbreathe, or waterwalk depending on their design. The will try to survive at all costs. :thumbup:

Good, that means that I should be done then. Thanks, Rider of Darkness! :thumbup: And I'm glad that you're ok with fielding all of my naive and silly questions.

Hello, I just finished the first lesson and started on the second. The first time I teleported to my mod in oblivion using the console, I ended up in the middle of the room. Now after working on the second lesson and adding path nodes to it, i keep spawning in between the wall and bed, making it impossible for me to move. Is there any way to control where I spawn with out linking my house with a door some where else in the game?

Great tutorial by the way!

Hi there, glad you are enjoying your lessons. :wave:

Player's landings using coc are somewhat unpredictable, you can try temporarily placing an XMarker (found under statics) in the center of the room and see if that catches you as you teleport in, and then just delete it later once you've added the door. Even then, no guarantee. If you coc in and are stuck, using tcl to toggle collision off will allow you to unstick yourself. :good:

Hi, I just started the course and am on lesson 1. I placed the flame as directed but the fire was invisible. I saved the plugin and closed out. I re-opened TES Construction set, but how do I open what I worked on? I found it in the file itself, but it's not in the file list.

Welcome to the CS Basics course, thelostgirl101.

How to re-open your mod is explained in the introduction of Lesson #2, you can have a read there. :)

Ok, I have a question. After lesson 1, I selected the entire house and turned it with the mouse wheel to look at the back of the house interior. But when I selected edit interior, it was no longer at 0,0,0. When I set it back, the furniture wouldn't move with it and got left behind. How do I move it all back to match the interior so it can be at 0,0,0?

Hello!

I'm beginning this course; long overdue! :D

I read the introduction and didn't find the answers I'm looking for:

1. how do we hide objects in the render window? (in the CK for Skyrim we select the object and press 1)
  2. how do we remove the ground in the preview window?

Also, the changing that have occurred here seem to have screwed the text. Here is what it looks like in my Firefox:

Capture.PNG.e24526d7e702ac30d11fe889a605

See ya! :D

9 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

I read the introduction and didn't find the answers I'm looking for:

1. how do we hide objects in the render window? (in the CK for Skyrim we select the object and press 1)

1. I don't think there's a way to hide specific objects in the render window, not even with the CSE. That said, there's a way to disable object rendering in its entirety (useful for landscaping) with the shortcut Shift-C. Here's a link to where I learned that: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=Terrain_Texturing

2. I don't understand this one.

Note: if I'm mistaken and there's actually a way to disable specific objects in the render window, please, please share your knowledge with us. I'll sure be grateful!

1 hour ago, ASnakeNeverDies said:

2. I don't understand this one.

Thank you. I know about Ctrl+C; it hides everything that is not terrain in worldspaces. I just want to hide objects in the render window one by one. :)

Launch the preview window and you'll understand what I mean. :P

17 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

Look in the unpacked meshes BSA for the editorlandplane.nif (meshes/editorlandplane.nif), copy it to your data folder and remove the NiTriStrips. The plane is gone.

1 hour ago, Tamira said:

Look in the unpacked meshes BSA for the editorlandplane.nif (meshes/editorlandplane.nif), copy it to your data folder and remove the NiTriStrips. The plane is gone.

A bit drastic but efficient! Thank you! :D

Edit: all right, the closest way I've found to hide an object in the render window is to select the object and... press 1, not the numpad 1 but the keyboard one. It makes the object look like a wireframe. Pressing 1 again, or pressing F5 to reload the render window, makes the object reappear. I guess it's better than nothing. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Posted (edited)

*deleting

Edited by dolphin66th
moving to Study Hall